DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This probably explains some of it: 

Owners getting involved in day to day workings of the franchise has had a long history of success!  Let's see how this goes...

That makes sense.  Sarver is the same dude who insisted on dumping Kurt Thomas and two first round picks for cap relief, one of the reasons they're in such a sorry state today.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I thought Taylor took Thibs out of the equation for Trade a couple weeks ago.

As far as I can tell from the news articles, Taylor told fellow owners to go around Thibs if they needed to, but I think he's still in charge.

Jimmy Butler has reiterated his desire to be traded out of Minnesota.   His list of preferred destinations remains Miami, the Clippers, Brooklyn, New York, or Houston.  

The report said Thibs has been slow walking the trade in order to foster a reconciliation. So this is Butler basically telling him to shove his sorrys up his ass. 

I think Jimmy Buckets is assuming he has leverage that he really doesn't have.

I also think it's insane that Thibs hasn't been fired, or at least stripped of his front office role yet.

• Like 2

The only leverage he has is that the T-Wolves just signed KAT for the megabucks deal and he and Butler hate each other.Its not so much accomodating Butler as Towns. But yeah that Thibs is still in charge of this is insane.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24950981/jimmy-butler-heated-practice-timberwolves

Butler acknowledged that he can be hard on teammates, especially Towns, but he said on Wednesday Towns started it all by talking trash to him. And he responded.

"Am I being tough on him? Yeah, that's who am I," he said. "I'm not the most talented player on the team. Who is the most talented player on our team -- KAT. Who is the most god-gifted player on our team -- Wiggs. Who plays the hardest? Me! I play hard. I put my body (on the line) every day in practice, every day in games. That's my passion. Everybody leads in different ways. That's how I show I'm here for you."

EDIT: ESPN interview

All this has turned 180, the heel has become the de-facto face.

dXa2kpY.gif

• Like 1

He beat them with the 3rd string!  Ahahaha. This is amazing

Love this quote from yahoo. "“I ain’t never seen some [expletive] like that. Jimbo showed out,” one of Minnesota’s players told Yahoo Sports.

What a legend.

Yeah it's amazing.

KAT has shown a lot when he actually shoots, at least on offense. Wiggins has just been one of the biggest disasters you could ever see. A guy that athletic, with that size, to not even be a mediocre defender is just inexcusable. Plus his terrible shot selection, awful three point shooting, and lack of development...

Remember how Flip (rip) brought in KG, Tayshaun Prince and Professor Andre Miller in to tutor KAT, Wiggins and LaVine? And then Thubs brought Butler in to light a fire under the first two? And how KAT still passes up shots he should take, and neither of them can play defense?

In Towns defense, there was nobody else but him to space the floor last year, and his efficiency numbers are still insanely good on offense.