DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I hate Dwight Howard so much.

I keep harping on it, but I find it just so amazing how horrible he must be to be around that so many teams and teammate hate him so much despite him still being pretty damn good.

As for Melo, well, I hope Houston enjoyed their one year as a contender.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I keep harping on it, but I find it just so amazing how horrible he must be to be around that so many teams and teammate hate him so much despite him still being pretty damn good.

As for Melo, well, I hope Houston enjoyed their one year as a contender.

Dwight's staunch refusal to grow or mature in any way is so  damned frustrating and this is just the perfect encapsulation of that.

I will always enjoy watching the Rockets fans' joy turn to ashes in their mouth.  That they came so close to their goal only to have it ripped away from them by the team that they both despise and emulate makes it all the sweeter.  

• Like 2

Wasn't dude photographed with two heck of underage girls and there was talk of an affair? Did that just get swept under the rug? He's just missing a 1960s Batmobile to drive around Washington and he's the King.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I will always enjoy watching the Rockets fans' joy turn to ashes in their mouth.  That they came so close to their goal only to have it ripped away from them by the team that they both despise and emulate makes it all the sweeter.  

Emulate?  Harden was the only All-Star for the Rockets last year.  GS had four, and added another snake in the offseason.  Nobody is expecting an All-Star season from Carmelo.  And the Rockets shoot more threes and drive to the basket more than GS. 

And they shoot more free throws. 

Rockets get fouled more and go to the free throw line more because, well, mostly Harden drives to the basket hard and gets fouled.  Harden as some master flopper is a total misnomer as he usually does get fouled and gets the calls he's supposed to.  Unless he's playing Golden State in the playoffs, because referees are contractually not allowed to call fouls against GS. 

Now Chris Paul, he's a flopper. 

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Wasn't dude photographed with two heck of underage girls and there was talk of an affair? Did that just get swept under the rug? He's just missing a 1960s Batmobile to drive around Washington and he's the King.

There is so much dirt with Howard it is not even funny.  Yes, you are correct.  The incident was in Miami.  

It seems dumb, but I guess maybe it's the least-bad of their options.  Free agents don't want to go there and they haven't proven especially adept at drafting so you might as well take what you've already got.

4 years though...woof.

Vince Carter taking a vet minimum deal makes sense. Vince Carter taking a vet minimum deal with the basement-dwelling Hawks does not.  I'm just going to assume he's a huge Sir Foster fan.

I guess because until one of the four main dudes for the Warriors leave nothing else in the league even really matters, I just don't seem to care about any of these offseason moves. The Thunder got better this offseason by subtracting Melo alone, but the addition of Schroder should be a big deal too. Plus they resigned PG, who is good, but not top ten in the NBA, so as a Thunder fan, I should be happy. It doesn't matter though. Warriors lose maybe one or two games in the playoffs at most, they sweep the Finals. Another season of no real excitement. 

And yeah, Dwight seems like a huge piece of shit. And the Rockets might have made a mistake with signing Melo. 

Vince and Dirk are both going to enter their twenty-first season. Only three* other players have ever done that (KG, Parrish and, oddly, Kevin Willis)

*If you count his ABA seasons, add Moses

20 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Vince Carter taking a vet minimum deal makes sense. Vince Carter taking a vet minimum deal with the basement-dwelling Hawks does not.  I'm just going to assume he's a huge Sir Foster fan.

I think he just wants to be the Jaromir Jagr of basketball and play forever.

• Like 1

I give VC tons of credit because I would never have expected him to last this long, especially once the athleticism started to fade.  He's really been doing the work and I respect that.

Westbrook got jokes:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I give VC tons of credit because I would never have expected him to last this long, especially once the athleticism started to fade.  He's really been doing the work and I respect that.

Westbrook got jokes:

Harden would’ve hit the shot.