DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Most of the summer of '16 crazy contracts expire next year too, so that's when we'll see seismic shifts. Don't be surprised if this is KD's last year in the Bay Area.

One exception is Tyler Johnson's turrible deal with the Heat that is 4 years instead of 3. 

38 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

With the amount of 1 year/2 years with an option contracts being signed this off-season, next summer is going be crazy for free agency. 

Lowe was saying that almost half the players in the league will be free agents next year, which is totally insane.

11 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I don't get what Milwaukee is doing.

I don't get what Chicago is doing. A combined almost $40 million next year to two athletic guys who have never proven they can play defense and have a combined three catastrophic knee injuries between them.

It wasn't much but Jabari showed flashes of great defense in the playoffs. If he can build on that and regain his athleticism, he's a very good player with the potential to be great.

40 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I don't get what Milwaukee is doing.

Hopefully trading the Greek Freak to the Knicks (I can only hope and dream).

• Like 1

I have disliked the Knicks, while begrudgingly respecting Ewing and loving the madness of John Starks, but if they have Antetokounmpo AND Porzingis I am all aboard that bandwagon. I would like for the Bucks to figure this out but they've done such a piss poor job of building around Giannis so far and this summer, beyond an excellent coaching hire, has been no different.

Dude, you are way underselling the impact Brook Lopez will have on making Giannis's life easier. A center that can reliably knock down threes means no more leaving the 5 in his path. The Freak will have so many free runs to the paint now.

• Like 1

The Sacramento Kings are trading guard Garrett Temple to the Memphis Grizzlies for guard Ben McLemore, forward Deyonta Davis, cash and a 2021 second-round draft pick, league sources told ESPN.

The teams are setting up a trade call with the league office on Tuesday to make the deal official, league sources said.

Temple, 32, gives the Grizzlies one more versatile, veteran wing as they reshape the roster to try and return to the Western Conference playoffs this season.

Temple averaged 8.4 points in 25 minutes a game for the Kings last season. Along with the signing of Spurs free agent Kyle Anderson, the Grizzlies are fortifying wing spots to support the return of point guard Mike Conley and center Marc Gasol.

The Grizzlies will be Temple's eighth NBA team in 10 seasons.

The deal clears an additional an additional $1 million in salary cap space for the Kings, who now have $20.5 million.

McLemore returns to the Kings, where he was the seventh overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft and played until signing a free-agent deal with Memphis in 2017. Davis, 21, was the No. 31 overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft who had struggled to gain traction in the Grizzlies rotation.

26 minutes ago, Cole Miner said:

Strange hour for this kind of story to be breaking

Pop: "You don't want to stay here? Fine, we'll send you to another freaking country then!".

• Haha 3

I can see what the idea is.   On paper this is going to make the Spurs a lot better very quickly and Pop does not want to be rebuilding at this point.  

For Toronto,  changes needed to be made with this group.  Yes,  Kawhi is going to walk and go to LA.  However,  if Kawhi wants to prove he is worth every penny then he needs to get his ass to Toronto and fucking show it.  LA is not going to give him every cent if he shows signs of being injured or that he's lost a step.  

Short term,  Toronto could make a trip to the finals this year.  Long term,  they get out from DeMar's contract and start the rebuild when Kawhi walks. 

• Like 2

Toronto's got a great crowd, it's a fantastic city, they have talent, could win the East... And there's a decent chance Derozan wasn't going to stick around much longer anyway. Bet on your culture, hope it works out like George in OKC. If it doesn't, hit the rebuild.

• Like 3

Twitter is killing me right now.  All I ever heard was DeMar was a volume shooter who couldn't play D, choked in the playoffs, Lebron's his dad, absolutely not an elite player.  But now he's a great pickup for the Spurs!  And what about the Raptors' loyalty to their best player!  How could they!

If the Raptors get Kawhi at full effort for even 1 year then I'm completely fine with this.

So Kawhi Leonard  could go from a 219 million SuperMax extension to  a 190 Million deal if he resigns with the Raps to a 141 million dollar deal if he he chooses to bounce over to LA.

I'm sure his agent is very happy about this progression.