DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Not seen in that Jaren Jackson Jr. highlight package: Trae Young going 4 for 20 and 1 for 11 from deep.

FrankSillyEagle.gif

Wish him all the best but that is, I believe, not a good start.

Conversely, Jaren's quick release is gorgeous.

6 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

The Bulls were just Jordan though.  What did Pippen do after leaving?  What did any of them do when Jordan was not around?

Wtf? Pippen was fucking ancient and broken down when he went to the Rockets. In 93/94 he was this close to getting the Jordan-less Bulls to the finals.

Rodman was already a two-time champion with the Pistons and also old as dirt by 1998.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also, it's not about parity it's about the IDEA that you can make some moves, draft some players and have a shot.

The Detroit Pistons is something that will never have a chance to happen again. They made some great moves and got out of the east and then caught the lakers at the right time. 

That doesn't happen in this NBA. 

LeBron James and a bunch of scrubs plus Kyrie beating "the greatest team of all time" after being down 3-1 never happened.

I don't consider Kyrien Irving anywhere close to James, Durant etc.

The Denver Nuggets have traded forward Wilson Chandler and a future second-round draft pick to the Philadelphia 76ers, league sources told ESPN on Tuesday.

Chandler's $12.8 million expiring contract will be absorbed into the Sixers' available cap space. Denver has been looking to unload salary for months.

The deal will save Denver $50 million in combined salary and luxury tax. The Nuggets' tax bill now drops from $51.3 million to $14.3 million.

Chandler's contract can be traded immediately without any restrictions because Philadelphia acquired him with available cap room.

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Apparently Jimmy Buckets doesn't like the attitude of KAT and Wiggins. He also would like to team up with Kyrie next summer. 

This does not surprise me in the least.  Wiggins wanted a max contract last offseason.  The team appears to have guys with talent but no leadership.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

The dream of Dwight returning to the Lakers and finishing their Suicide Squad are dead as he'll be signing a one year deal with the Wiz.

The only person who dreamed of Dwight returning to the Lakers is Dwight.

• Like 1

Jimmy and Kyrie will probably happen at some point. They were trying to hook up in Chicago when Kyrie wanted out of Cleveland, but then Buttler told Kyrie that the management were fucking idiots and to hold off. 

They might work well together. Buttler likes to alpha but he's better as the second best player on whatever team he's on. Someone else would need to lead the team which would be Kyrie. 

KAT was a HUGE dissappointment in the playoffs. Just didn't have the fight. When people are talking about Derrick Rose after games, you've fucked up.

I can imagine lots of guys stuck in Western Conference Hell are looking to get over to an East team pronto.

Is Jimmy, Kyrie and Kristaps hooking up a possibility in 2019?

2 hours ago, Ace said:

The only person who dreamed of Dwight returning to the Lakers is Dwight.

I think he wanted to go to the Warriors, at least that's what a bullshit yahoo clickbait then was saying. HAHAHAHAHA

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

The dream of Dwight returning to the Lakers and finishing their Suicide Squad are dead as he'll be signing a one year deal with the Wiz.

Dwight with the Wiz? I thought he was famous for his farts! *rimshot*

The T Wolves made a great trade for Jimmy.... and then inexplicably max'd Wiggins early.  What a terrible, terrible contract. It's untradeable .  

It was clearJimmy was leaving at that exact moment.

I could see Jimmy joining Kyrie with the Knicks. Would love to see the Lakers make a run at him as well.

So, re-signing Felton now officially gives the Thunder the largest payroll in NBA history if they don't jettison salary somewhere. $150+ just in tax, over $300 total.

They are essentially running back a team that finished fourth and got bounced in the first round.

1 hour ago, Jrag said:

The T Wolves made a great trade for Jimmy.... and then inexplicably max'd Wiggins early.  What a terrible, terrible contract. It's untradeable .  

It was clearJimmy was leaving at that exact moment.

I could see Jimmy joining Kyrie with the Knicks. Would love to see the Lakers make a run at him as well.

Wiggins is going to be an albatross.  He is not an average player.  Good starter?  Yes.  Franchise and max contract player?  Far from it.

Minnesota has drafted good players.  There is no leader.  Nobody who wants to win a championship.  No attitude to be a great player.

It is one of the reasons bad teams continue to stay bad in the NBA.  They make bad decisions which box them in and keep them from making the right decisions.

In some way shape or form - Carmelo won't be on OKC

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24017911/oklahoma-city-thunder-carmelo-anthony-part-ways

As the Oklahoma City Thunder navigate an historic $310 million payroll and luxury tax bill, the franchise's front office is working through scenarios that will culminate in the inevitable this summer: An ending to the brief Carmelo Anthony partnership, which could deliver the Thunder over $100 million in cost savings.

The massive financial implications of Anthony opting into his $27.9 million contract for the 2018-19 season -- coupled with a mutual understanding that his scaled back role isn't what he had signed up for to play with Oklahoma City -- have dictated that the two sides will part ways sometime this summer, league sources told ESPN.

Anthony's agent, Leon Rose of CAA Sports, has a strong relationship and history with Thunder general manager Sam Presti, and they'll work together on Anthony's exit through trade, the NBA's stretch provision, or a combined buyout and stretch, league sources said.

It really was the only decision that made sense.  That contract was absolutely an albatross around the Thunder and I think it is legit addition by subtraction by letting him go.  Thunder are really doing everything right in the off-season so far.  Though now their younger players have to develop into something.