DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

28 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Fifteen years from now, we will look back and realize the greatness of the Golden State Warriors.

Fifteen years? People are (rightfully) calling them the greatest team of all-time now.

giphy.gif

What the fuck?! This shit is getting old now.

Edit: seriously, DeMarcus Cousins on THAT team?! His ability to stretch the floor, take it into the post and rebound... They have zero fucking weaknesses. None. They are a perfect team and they'll break their own fucking record.

Listened to stupid idiot Windhorst on Lowe Post today and they were talking about the possibility of Durant winning his third straight championship then jetting to NY next summer. Kawhi signs with LAL. Almost all of the best players end up in the biggest markets. NBA already is a better booked promotion than WWE but holy shit!

Double edit: And congratulations to mai boi, Giannis Antetokounmpo, for getting on the cover of NBA 2K19. He'll be joining one of them there big city teams in 2021 as a 26yo UFA if the Bucks don't get their shit together. Coach Bud is a nice start but seriously...

• Like 2

Just now, Infinit said:

Boogie to GSW for $5.3 mil./ 1 year. Wow.

It's the mid-level exception JaVale was in last year, lol. Woj is saying Cousins won't be back until the end of the year or even January but that's still just a bit of an upgrade.

It was old when LeBron did it years ago but fuck it, it seems like most people have embraced the idea, most people in these threads seem to like a lack of competition in the league. 

At least Boston dont have to worry until they get killed in the finals.

NFL is a superior product because of the hard cap. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

It's the mid-level exception JaVale was in last year, lol. Woj is saying Cousins won't be back until the end of the year or even January but that's still just a bit of an upgrade.

When 4 all stars is not enough

There are seriously about 25 team owners that should be in favor a lockout to institute a hard cap to prevent stupid shit like what the Heat started and the Warriors have perfected (of course, getting the best shooter in the league on a mega-injury discount helps). 

But, hey they are playing by the current rules, so the rest of the league has to hope that Steph Curry's ankle blows out again to have any hope.

• Like 1

I wonder if Kevin Garnet had any idea what he was starting when he only agreed to the Boston trade after they got Allen. It's been an arms race ever since.

It's the right deal for Boogie. If he gets back to form, he'll get paid next summer in a much looser market. If not, at least he'll probably get a ring.

David Stern should have stopped the shit from the get go, as his Chris Paul interference wasn't exactly legal. Hopefully the ratings plumment, because there's no point in all but two or three teams even playing. . . .

• Like 2

It's absolutely fair for fans to hate on dudes who take less money than the can get to join teams that already have rings. KD and Cousins are weak-sauce.

KD might seriously be the lamest dude in the world. It's such a chump move to go to a 70-win team alone. But not taking all the money you can get from Joe Lacob? That's so lame.

I hate Melo but at least he takes what he's due. 

39 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

David Stern should have stopped the shit from the get go, as his Chris Paul interference wasn't exactly legal. Hopefully the ratings plumment, because there's no point in all but two or three teams even playing. . . .

Remember when everyone jumped on me for hating on the rules about the draft and free agents and how the NBA is run?  Yeah, good times.

The NBA was always about superstars but it is out of control now.  Small franchises are now just farm teams for large markets.  

I can't wait for the Silver PC where he tells us there is nothing wrong with the NBA.  The entire structure is broken.

• Like 1

I guess I don't know what everyone expects. The only time the NBA was ever competitive and not dominated by a Small dynasty or two was the 70's. The Lakers, Bulls, Spurs, Celtics, Rockets and Pistons combined to win 28 titles in like 30 years after the seventies. Before the seventies the Celtics won 11 in 13 years. 

The NBA nearly collapsed during that one competitive decade.

• Like 2

Boston didnt start it though. LeBron felt he couldnt beat them but they were put together through GM transactions, nobody was taking less money, etc. And they were all on the downside of their primes. They all went through years of their prime on bad teams. I remember how inept the wolves were, I remember how inept Boston was for years following Bird retirement and Lewis dying. Pierce had one team that was ok and it was him and Walker. The rest were scrubs. 

What LeBron did was completely different and what KD did was different from that. 

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Boston didnt start it though. LeBron felt he couldnt beat them but they were put together through GM transactions, nobody was taking less money, etc. And they were all on the downside of their primes. They all went through years of their prime on bad teams. I remember how inept the wolves were, I remember how inept Boston was for years following Bird retirement and Lewis dying. Pierce had one team that was ok and it was him and Walker. The rest were scrubs. 

What LeBron did was completely different and what KD did was different from that. 

Bullshit. LeBron was traded to Miami as well. Garnet turned a trade to Boston a month earlier. It started the arms race, and any argument it didn't start until Miami is utterly bullshit. KG accepted the trade to Boston for the exact same reason LeBron went to Miami and KD went to Golden State. He had a full no-trade clause, it was 100% his decision.

If KG doesn't accept the trade, there's a good chance LeBron never goes to Miami.

• Like 2

The Bulls were just Jordan though.  What did Pippen do after leaving?  What did any of them do when Jordan was not around?

Barkley was right again.  Back then you had Thomas on the Pistons, Ewing on the Knicks, Stockton and Malone on the Jazz, Drexler in Portland, and Hardaway in GS.  Jordan still had to go through teams and nobody said 'f it' I want to join the Bulls.  Teams wanted to beat the Bulls, not join them.

Also, it's not about parity it's about the IDEA that you can make some moves, draft some players and have a shot.

The Detroit Pistons is something that will never have a chance to happen again. They made some great moves and got out of the east and then caught the lakers at the right time. 

That doesn't happen in this NBA. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bullshit. LeBron was traded to Miami as well. Garnet turned a trade to Boston a month earlier. It started the arms race, and any argument it didn't start until Miami is utterly bullshit. KG accepted the trade to Boston for the exact same reason LeBron went to Miami and KD went to Golden State. He had a full no-trade clause, it was 100% his decision.

If KG doesn't accept the trade, there's a good chance LeBron never goes to Miami.

LeBron lost to the fucking Magic the year KG was injured so save it lol. He was going, him and Bosh and Wade had it all figured out months beforehand. Ainge had to give up assets, real assets to get Allen and KG. It wasnt a fake deal.

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also, it's not about parity it's about the IDEA that you can make some moves, draft some players and have a shot.

The Detroit Pistons is something that will never have a chance to happen again. They made some great moves and got out of the east and then caught the lakers at the right time. 

That doesn't happen in this NBA. 

It wouldn't have happened at almost any time in NBA history except when it did and the 70's. If wouldn't have worked in the 90's or 80's.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

It wouldn't have happened at almost any time in NBA history except when it did and the 70's. If wouldn't have worked in the 90's or 80's.

Let's cut to the chase. Did Magic and Bird want to beat each other or what? Did Jordan want to beat the Pistons? Did the Pistons hate the Bulls and vice versa? Did the Bulls and Knicks want to beat each other? 

That NBA is DEAD and I dont believe it's good for the league and it's worse now for the bucks and wolves etc then it has ever been. What if Giannis says you know what I'm out..  these teams have no reason for existing. 

• Like 1