DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Something that really needs to be pointed out...

Of course those spots are now filled with Javale and Lance, so maybe more like Candy Land?

• Haha 2

My working hypothesis is that Magic hates LeBron and this is the culmination of a years-long plan to ruin his life.

Aside from any other factors I can't imagine a worse player to pair with 'Bron than Rondo

I think Rondo and Lebron are perfect for each other now. If we were talking a decade ago...probably not. But I think they're very similar mentally today. 

Lonzo's dad and Rondo on the other hand....

Yeah, if Magic doesn't screw everything in sight and end up with HIV, how long does he keep playing, and does MJ's legacy seem as bulletproof as it ended up being? 

Sad to think about that stretch of time, you know: neither Magic nor Jumbo could keep it wrapped and look at what happened to both of them from 11/91 to 8/92.

And yeah, if Rondo is joining this team, one of the kids is off to San Antonio in the Leonard deal or will end up in some other, considerably worse trade situation (possibly to stockpile 1st-round picks). 

Are the Lakers good enough to get out of the first round?  The circus gets more entertaining.

Will the Lakers make the playoffs?  Get out of the first round?

LeBron does not have the East's easy schedule to carry him through the regular season.  He has to work for his wins now.

LeBron is stuck on the Lakers for four years while his son goes to high school in LA.  Called that one months ago.

10 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Anyone else catch the Australia v Philippines all in brawl last night?

THON MAKER.

Thon Maker throws a better flying knee than CM Punk. And holy shit, we got a chair toss in there too, like it's Terry Funk up in this mother.

oimsYVT.png

Anyone notice how dad STFU when word got out the Lakers offered Lonzo for Leonard and the Spurs said no?

It does not matter how LeBron builds that team.  They will be 3rd best, at best, in the West behind Golden State and Houston.  

Fifteen years from now, we will look back and realize the greatness of the Golden State Warriors.

So the numbers say LeBron makes shooters better and ball handlers struggle playing with him. LA doesn't really have any shooters outside of Ingram and he's hardly a world beater in that regard. What are they doing?

@Kuetsar I agree. As it is (and I think things will change), they'll be very lucky to finish third and do well to get that last home court spot.

28 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Fifteen years from now, we will look back and realize the greatness of the Golden State Warriors.

Fifteen years? People are (rightfully) calling them the greatest team of all-time now.