DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, The Comedian said:

The NBA's "Gotta make the Lakers relevant again!!!" machine went into action I see...

I mean, it's not as blatantly bad as Stern going all, "Jordan's gone again? SHAQ, GET YOUR ASS TO LA NOW! AND OH NO CHARLOTTE, YOU AIN'T KEEPIN' KOBE...", but it's still fucking obnoxious how much worth the NBA puts in trying to make sure that fucking team never goes a decade without being a title contender...

This particular NBA conspiracy(and there are a couple) is odd to me because I'm always waiting on someone to give me a reasonable explanation why the league hasn't done the same for their legitimate most valuable franchise, the Knicks, over the past two decades.

I guess you could argue they don't need to but even when the Knicks sniff excitement (Linsanity or that 50 win Melo/Amare team), the coverage is over-the-top.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

even if they get Paul George they are still at beast a 55 win team and lucky to make the Conference semis.   You can say all you want about how awful the Cavs were without Lebron but they were still a better team than the Lakers last year.

How if Lebron going to LA means that someone slaps the crap out of Lavar Ball then I will allow.  There is no way he will take any of that foolishness

That is such a surreal image. My body is ready for another chapter in the Boston/LA rivalry with the Kyrie/LeBron subplot to accompany it. And yeah, Philadelphia will have a lot to say about that too. Maybe that team from Oakl..., er, San Francisco too.

26 minutes ago, _MJ_ said:

This particular NBA conspiracy(and there are a couple) is odd to me because I'm always waiting someone to give me a reasonable explanation why the league hasnt done the same for their actual most valuable franchise, the Knicks, over the past two decades.

I guess you could argue they don't need to but even when the Knicks sniff excitement (Linsanity or that 50 win Melo/Amare team), the coverage is over-the-top.

The Knicks are Andre. You don't put the title on Andre.

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

even if they get Paul George they are still at beast a 55 win team and lucky to make the Conference semis.   You can say all you want about how awful the Cavs were without Lebron but they were still a better team than the Lakers last year.

I agree that the Cavs were better but I feel like the Lakers made a DRAMATIC improvement last season to the point that I think they could have been a 7 or 8 seed even without a star player this coming season.   I doubt the Cavs make the playoffs now.  

I think it's crazy we could actually have a Lakers/Celtics Finals 2-3 years down the road.

Oh the Cavs will be lucky to win 25 games next year.  I mean when Kyrie was the star they only won maybe 35 games.  Kevin Love is currently their top player and seriously doubt the Cavs are going to be heavy in the free agent market

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

How if Lebron going to LA means that someone slaps the crap out of Lavar Ball then I will allow.  There is no way he will take any of that foolishness

Just like he didn't take the Kardashian foolishness..oh wait.

The Lakers team is going to be great for off-court nonsense.

LeBon is no stranger to drama.

LANCE STEPHENSON AND JAVALE MCGEE.

Lavar Ball (who already talked on Bron's kid.)

The Buss family.

Magic.

Kobe making guest appearances.

And we also still have a chance that friggin' Boogie and Kawhi's uncle could join the mix.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

And oh crap Melo, too... 

Imagine Melo making those 1 am phone calls to LeBron on those off days.

"Hey Bron, this Melo. LaLa put me out again. Man, she trippin. I was wondering if I can stay with you and Savan...*click*...Hello?! Hello?"

The team would be a walking, living, and breathing TMZ story everyday.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

Over/under on LeBron going Latrelle Sprewell on Levar Ball?

Lonzo Ball is about 20 minutes from being traded to the Spirits of St. Louis. 

So, now I guess the focus goes to Kawhi.   

This morning Stupid A Smith said Leonard is willing to sit out this season if he doesn't get traded to the Lakers.  

And a few hours ago, Jabari Young said if he doesn't go to LA, he'd be open to going to Philly for multiple years.  Reading between the lines of the tweets, it sounds like the Lakers don't want to give up every single one of their young studs and/or mutliple 1's to get Kawhi and Philly's all like, "Well..."