DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Rachel Nichols of ESPN pointed out on twitter that Rivers resigned with the team as coach but gave up front office job so he likely had zero input. Id think Gortat is there in case DJ leaves. The Rivers Gortat contracts are pretty much equal so its not like any move they planned to make with Rivers on the roster couldn't happen.

Yeah, it's actually only $900K that the Wiz are going to save.  Gortat's expiring contract is for $13.5 million, while Rivers' expiring is for $12.6 million.  Wiz probably did it because Wall didn't want Gortat on the team any more after last season's incidents.

So according to Cleveland.com and probably everywhere else now Lebron has opted out of his contract. 

So let THE DECISION 2018 officially begin.  Which team is going to be lucky to get their ass kicked in the finals (Western conference or NBA) to the Warriors 

4 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

"Give it up for YOOOOUR Sacremento Kiiiiiings!

At power forward, standing 5 feet 7 inches, weighing in at 157 pounds.

VLADIMIIIIIIIRRRRR PUUUUUTIIIIIN!!!"

If they played the games in Russia, the Kings would go 82-0.

• Like 2

I'm kinda sad LeBron James didn't wait till 11:58 PM, then announce he was opting out.

From what I've heard, Cleveland should be relieved he opted out.  Now, they're one of the few teams in the league who can afford to resign him.  If he had re-signed in Cleveland, it sounds like it would have probably been as part of a sign-and-trade deal.

It's basically down to LA or the 76ers landing Kawhi. Any team of Kawhi and LeBron together is fucking horrifying for the opposition and I would love to see them play together. Though honestly Kawhi probably works better going to the sixers without LeBron so he can be the secondary ball handler to Simmons and hit a lot of 3s.

It's really disappointing to see how this Leonard situation has played out... It sounds like he should've been more open with the Spurs. They shouldn't have thrown him under the bus, granted, but he certainly could've handled this better. Spurs should absolutely embrace the rebuild but I suppose Pop doesn't want to end his career doing that, so whatever. 

So this means he:

- wants to get skunked in the QFs or WCFs instead of the Finals

- sets up Sixers/Celtics as the most enjoyable/interesting rivalry for the next 3-5 years, and

- makes Boston's path to the Finals way easier.

Great call, buddy!  I eagerly await the "LeBron James in prison for brainbustering Lavar Ball at a Magic Johnson dinner party" headline in 2020, since I think Lonzo's inclusion in place of Ingram in a potential Kawhi trade would be a non-starter.

• Haha 2

The NBA's "Gotta make the Lakers relevant again!!!" machine went into action I see...

I mean, it's not as blatantly bad as Stern going all, "Jordan's gone again? SHAQ, GET YOUR ASS TO LA NOW! AND OH NO CHARLOTTE, YOU AIN'T KEEPIN' KOBE...", but it's still fucking obnoxious how much worth the NBA puts in trying to make sure that fucking team never goes a decade without being a title contender...

Okay, now I want to see the Lakers go all in by moving Ball to get rid of the Deng contract so they can afford to bring in Cousins and Kawhi (Ingram, Kuzma and picks). Dump all the young players as one does for Lebron, in order to have the two best players in the league and Cousins. Those series with Houston and GSW would be insanity. 

Sixers and Celtics will be a fantastic rivalry for the East moving forward. 

Celtics management should be helping Lebron pack as we speak and squealing in glee. Raptors flying the plane. Jeez. The Eastern top teams need to go all in.

I selfishly wanted him in Philly because with Leonard that could have been a defensive monster, but I'm sure he went the family happiness route. Can't hate.

Oh yeah, and congrats to the Warriors.*

*If they stay healthy