DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

That's the move I want the most and I think the one that makes the most sense for him too. There were reports this week that Popovich is going to make a hard push for him, because why the fuck wouldn't you? I think if they can make some moves and surround Kawhi and LeBron with some skilled shooters it could be game over for GSW at least for a few years. Would love to watch that series.

I think LeBron would fit incredibly well with the Pelicans,  Blazers,   Jazz...   but it'll be Cleveland,  Lakers or Philly.  I'm not going to be excited for any of that. For him to go to Houston they  would need to dump Ryan Anderson on someone which is incredibly difficult or they'd have to gut the entire bench so you are left with Harden, CP3,  LeBron, Capella and nothing else..   

I fucking hate saying it, but if he wants titles, the most logical fit is a sign and trade to Boston. Imagine LeBron for Hayward and a first (with the threat that he'll go to LA and they'll get nothing instead) or Kyrie, a first, and some salary filler (pretty much up to Kyrie. Hayward is the easier trade, but only if Irving won't be a problem with it. Kyrie back to Cleveland would be hilarious though)

Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, LeBron and Hoford, with Morris as sixth man? That's a team that can go toe to toe with Golden State and let LeBron age gracefully.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I fucking hate saying it, but if he wants titles, the most logical fit is a sign and trade to Boston. Imagine LeBron for Hayward and a first (with the threat that he'll go to LA and they'll get nothing instead) or Kyrie, a first, and some salary filler (pretty much up to Kyrie. Hayward is the easier trade, but only if Irving won't be a problem with it. Kyrie back to Cleveland would be hilarious though)

Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, LeBron and Hoford, with Morris as sixth man? That's a team that can go toe to toe with Golden State and let LeBron age gracefully.

There was an article on The Ringer last week about this idea.  Took me a minute to find it because it seemed like a no-brainer that Simmons wrote it, but he didn't.  I do think it's LeBron's best shot at winning a few more titles as the Celtics core is more ready for that than the Sixers are.  The Lakers really don't make sense unless LeBron isn't worried about more titles and just wants to live and play in LA.  The easiest road to the Finals is staying in the East and not having to go through the Warriors to get there.  

Plus, although if you are Philly you obviously do it, the on court fit is a bit questionable there. Talent usually works those things out, but the pieces wouldn't seem real great on paper.

Boston has shooters.

• Like 1

I know everyone wants to talk about whatever Kawhi Leonard is doing, but I tweeted my bulletproof opinion that Mark Price was more deserving of a spot on the Dream Team roster than John Stockton and Mark Price liked it.  As a life long Cavs fan, I think that's pretty fucking dope.

• Like 6

Silver should maneuver it so that Kahwai and LeBron end up with the Knicks because there is literally no other team in the entire sport whose fans would deserve it more. 45 years is long enough.

8 hours ago, Infinit said:

Nope. Fuck James Dolan. 

Who gives a flying fuck about fucking Dolan? This would be for the millions of fucking Knicks fans who fill his fucking building and have been rewarded with nothing but fucking pain and misery for decades. LeBron didn't go back to Cleveland for that motherfucker Dan Gilbert.

Edit: and yes, fucking Charles Smith not being able to make a fucking layup combined with Ed Johnson killing my Whalers completely ruined my goddamned childhood and left me with deep emotional scars and damage.

2 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Kawhi is a top 5 player in the league and in my opinion is the second best only behind LeBron. He's 26 years old. If all they get for him is one of Ingram/Ball, Kuzma, and also get the pleasure of taking on one of the worst contracts in the league, why the fuck wouldn't they just hold on to him to see if they can work out the super max or ship him elsewhere? Somebody will offer better young players, picks, and San Antonio wouldn't have to take on something like the Deng deal. Terrible idea. If the Lakers want to get more than one superstar on their team, they'll likely have to find a way to move Deng out before any such trade or make it a three way deal where a tanking team takes on Deng for picks/one of LA's better young players.

I think the idea is if Kawhi makes it flat out clear he'll only sign an extension with L.A., it theoretically drives the price down.

I still can't imagine them getting him for Kuzma and Ball while also dumping Deng on them (but the article suggests maybe Orlando gets roped in.) At the very least, I think the 25th and a future first probably needs included. Maybe Ingram as well.

I do have to admit, a lineup of Ingram/George/Leonard/James/Noel is intriguing. They would both have the length and athleticism to switch every screen, and have guys to slow KD in the ISO. Noel hasn't really panned out yet, but physically he reminds me so much of Tyson Chandler, and Chandler was a late bloomer himself. He certainly couldn't ask for a better situation to fall into.

The problem, of course, would be depth. Feels like they would literally have to fill the entire bench with minimum guys.

Fairly certain George is signing with them, but would prefer they take only one of Lebron or Kawhi, and build a team with what's there, rather than just hope the retreads on the bench turn up. 

Kawhi - Kuzma - George - Ingram - Randle is the line up I want to see. Trade Ball as part of a Deng deal, get a decent core of vets on the bench (Gasol to finish in LA would be nice, but don't mind Lopez either. Korver is probably an option too)

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, sabremike said:

Silver should maneuver it so that Kahwai and LeBron end up with the Knicks because there is literally no other team in the entire sport whose fans would deserve it more. 45 years is long enough.

I'm a Philly fan and I'll be the first to admit that the Knicks have the best fans in the NBA. Unfortunately that works against them, since the NBA doesn't have to fix them titles to keep them watching. As opposed to the Lakers, who have to be kept hot decade after decade so their bandwagon fans don't bail.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Wizards are letting teams know that they are willing to trade down from 15 if someone will take one of their shitty expiring contracts

I too am willing to allow other people to take on the consequences of my poor choices.

The Kings are apparently looking hard at Michael Porter Jr with the #2 pick and, yeah, that sounds about right for the Kings.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I too am willing to allow other people to take on the consequences of my poor choices.

The Kings are apparently looking hard at Michael Porter Jr with the #2 pick and, yeah, that sounds about right for the Kings.

"Oh my God the number 15 pick! I should cripple my franchise for that for sure", said nobody ever. .  . .well...... maybe Billy King if you get him drunk.

Eh, if you are already tanking and there's someone you think is undervalued still on the board, maybe you take it and a bad contract. Figure that deal will expire by the time you're ready to compete anyway.