DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

If this is the only change they make, I don't love it.  Not clear that another coach can get more out of this roster, and it's not like being a high seed 2nd-round playoff team is a bad place to be anyway.  Those memes are super vicious though

For real though. DeRozan and Lowry aren't going to amount to shit when it matters. Casey showed he can make necessary changes to his offensive system this past year and it made no difference in the end. They were missing layups in the 4th quarter of game 1. It was all ogre after that. 

I don't get the hype behind Masai Ujiri as a genius either. What have these outside the box draft picks from Brazil and Europe accomplished? Not that you shouldn't draft Euros or South Americans but it always comes off as a stretch when it becomes a pattern like that and it hasn't paid off at all. And now the team will have difficulty moving the big two if they want to blow it up because of the extensions he gave them when it was pretty obvious this bunch wasn't capable of post-season success. Then guy allegedly berates Casey in the locker room after game 3. Da fuq?

Eh, you all beat me to this.  Casey at least made the Raptors relevant.   He took what they had and made them the best NBA team ever to have no chance in the playoffs.  Against the one man who has been in the finals any year he feels like.  Raptors were nobody before, they'll be nobody now.  

I agree he didn't deserve to be fired, but I get they feel they have to do something. And the core is locked in for at least another year. So this is the path they chose.

What the Raptors should be most worried about in the future isn't Lebron. It's Boston and possibly Philadelphia, if their core two stay healthy.  This waiting out LeBron strategy won't mean a damn thing if these two younger teams keep getting better.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, _MJ_ said:

What the Raptors should be most worry about in the future isn't Lebron. It's Boston and possibly Philadelphia, if their core two stay healthy.  This waiting out LeBron strategy won't mean a damn thing if theses two younger teams keep getting better.

It just hit me: LeBron should #TrustTheProcess and sign with the Sixers!!!

18 minutes ago, sabremike said:

It just hit me: LeBron should #TrustTheProcess and sign with the Sixers!!!

Welcome to where the rest of the Philly fanbase has been for four months.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Didn't it start at all-star weekend with rumours about him checking on private schools in Philly? If Embiid, Simmons, and the other youngsters continue to progress and they have LeBron to lead the way, the NBA finals could be ultra competitive for a long time.

Budenholzer to the Bucks! Fuck yeah. He's known more for his offensive playbook and schemes but that team has no excuses for not being a top 5 defense. Get that shit straightened out first.

Gonna be so nice to watch Giannis and co. with a real offensive system in place and not the same fucking handoff at the elbow shit every other trip down the court. Giannis in a Spurs-esque system is gonna be good.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 1:14 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

LeBron and Simmons on the same team,  I don't see that working. LeBron does everything Simmons does but LeBron can shoot.  Simmons needs the ball to be effective. 

Not the most ideal fit, but you would have to live with stunting Simmons growth if it meant Lebron for the last years of his prime. Embiid, Bron, Saric, Simmons is a matchup nightmare. 

What's crazy about Philly is that they could have the cash to add PG13 as well.  Or, hell, maybe the rumors are true and they actually do get Kawhi.

The Detroit Pistons have hired Grizzlies executive Ed Stefanski as a senior adviser responsible for overhauling the franchise's basketball operations, he told ESPN on Thursday. He will assess the current front office and oversee the process of hiring a general manager and coach in Detroit's post-Stan Van Gundy era.

Stefanski, who has a three-year contract, will report to owner Tom Gores.

Top coaching target is reportedly Dwane Casey

The Magic are reportedly targeting Tom Izzo and Kelvin Sampson in their coaching search.  I'm not too high on the idea of either as an NBA coach, although at least Sampson can't get hit with recruiting violations in the pros.

19 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Well.  Here's the thing.  These Celtics do not get to the #2 seed, and probably do not get to the ECF without Smart. Look throughout the threads and at any analysis, and Smart may very well have been Boston's MVP when Kyrie went down.  

Is it insane to give Marcus Smart $14M?  You bet.  

Does he deserve it for taking them to within 9 points of the NBA Finals?  You bet.  

Pay the man.