DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

The season ends tonight and the first bits of offseason news are coming in: 

Dirk Nowitzki really doesn't want to spend time with his family as he will be back for his 21st season.

Kevin Durant is opting out so that he and GS will re-work his contract.  

The league broke the ties for draft position... well at least before the Draft Lottery

So, here is your complete draft order heading into the lottery (picks 15 and beyond will not change):

1. Phoenix
2. Memphis
3. Dallas
4. Atlanta
5. Orlando
6. Chicago
7. Sacramento
8. Cleveland (from Nets)
9. New York Knicks
10. Philadelphia (from Suns and Lakers)
11. Charlotte
12. LA Clippers
13. LA Clippers (from Pistons)
14. Denver
15. Washington
16. Phoenix (from Heat)
17. Milwaukee
18. San Antonio
19. Atlanta (from Timberwolves)
20. Minnesota (from Thunder)
21. Utah
22. Chicago (from Pelicans)
23. Indiana
24. Portland
25. L.A. Lakers (from Cavaliers)
26. Philadelphia
27. Boston
28. Golden State
29. Brooklyn (from Raptors)
30. Atlanta (from Rockets)

• 3 weeks later...

For as much as we rightfully rag on the Knicks for, well, everything... they did do one thing right. 

I would also "very much like" to go to Tahiti, but neither of these things are happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On Melo: Opt in, you signed the deal, get your money.

Then shut up and come off the bench.

(Although he's not exactly wrong about the system. They have no offensive system beyond "RUSS!"and they certainly didn't figure out any way to really implement whatever Anthony might've had left. They barely integrated Paul George.

Zach Lowe wrote one of his absurdly and unnecessarily long articles on that yesterday. I'm sure Donovan would rather have an actual system and maybe one year Westbrook will learn he can't will a team to the promised land. 

So I have a lot of friends that love basketball, and so I decided that I was gonna try to participate and give watching the NBA a real shot this coming season. I needed to pick a team though. My initial idea was the 76ers, but that felt bandwagon-y. Then I gravitated towards the Memphis Grizzlies, because I remember that Fizdale speech making the rounds and thinking "hell yeah that's a guy I want in charge of a team." Then they fired him. So, I resolved that my choice would now be wherever David Fizdale ends up, unless he took a media job in which case it'd be the Sixers.

I am apparently remarkably good at kicking my own ass through principle alone.

• Haha 2

I was hoping Fiz would stay on the market ling enough for the Bucks to make a run at him. I wish him the best of luck, he'll sure need it.

Now I'm hoping the Bucks back up the brinks truck for Coach Bud.

The Wizards gave Ernie Grunfeld another extension in secret because of course they did and of course they did.

Ted Leonsis knows no matter what he does, he will never be the most hated owner in town

• Like 1

The Bucks are interviewing essentially the entire Spurs coaching staff, including Becky Hammons.  She'll be the first woman to interview for an NBA head coaching job.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Getting rid of her was the stupidest move in Liberty history, even dumber than hiring Isaiah Thomas.

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

SVG is done in Detroit per Woj.

I can't blame them, but it has to be frustrating as hell for him knowing that if Reggie Jackson hadn't gotten hurt, they might still be playing right now. Or at least have gotten back to the playoffs.

Spurs assistant James Borrego will be the next coach in Charlotte.

21 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I can't blame them, but it has to be frustrating as hell for him knowing that if Reggie Jackson hadn't gotten hurt, they might still be playing right now. Or at least have gotten back to the playoffs.

I think the Griffin deal probably put paid to his time in Detroit.

Gores wanted that deal made. Trying to sell tickets.

Pistons were 27-18 with Jackson. 8-4 with Jackson and Griffin together.

Reggie isn't even anything more than a solid starting point guard, but he's literally the difference between Detroit hanging in the 4th/5th seed range and them being one of the three or four worst teams in the NBA.

I just finished getting my "The Big 3 situation could not get any more ridiculous" neck tattoo.  Now time to take a big drink of coffee and check twitter