DVDVR Message Board

Which of these movies belongs in the 2018 Summer Blockbuster Pool?

S.K.o.S.

Which of these movies belongs in the 2018 Summer Blockbuster Pool?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these movies belongs in the 2018 Summer Blockbuster Pool?

• Show Dogs (May 18; Ludacris, Will Arnett)
    • Book Club (May 18; Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda)
    • Hereditary (Jun 8; Toni Collette, Gabriel Byrne)
    • Tag (Jun 15; Jeremy Renner, Jon Hamm)
    • Hotel Transylvania 3 (Jul 13; Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg)
    • The Equalizer 2 (Jul 20; Denzel Washington, Bill Pullman)
    • Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (Jul 20; Meryl Streep, Lily James)
    • Crazy Rich Asians (Aug 17; Constance Wu, Michelle Yeoh)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2018 at 05:08 PM

Copy & pasting from prior years:

If you're new here, we run this pool where I put up a list of 20 movies coming out this summer, and people rank them based on predicted box office take and critical reception.

In the past, I've missed putting some movies on the list that should've been there (e.g. Bridesmaids) and put some movies on the list that should not have been there (e.g. My Life In Ruins).  So for the past few years, the selection of the borderline movies has been up to you.

I already have 18 movies selected.  I'm looking to fill the last 2 spots.  The top 2 vote-getters in this poll will be included in this year's pool.

You basically want to vote for the movie that you think will end up having the most people talking about it.  Like, the kind of movie that if it wasn't on the list, we'd be thinking "Oh man, how did we miss that one?"

Poll closes April 17th (if I did everything correctly)

Last year's "Which Movies Belong?" poll was on April 12th, so I am comforted that we're still keeping to the same schedule despite the trend of the Summer Blockbuster Movie season starting in the last month of Winter.

• Like 1

Okay - I am spacing

A couple of years ago you put that Cameron Crowe Hawaii movie that was a giant fucking dud on instead of a giant blockbuster but I can't remember for the life of me what that movie was. God I am going to have to go back and look.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - I am spacing

A couple of years ago you put that Cameron Crowe Hawaii movie that was a giant fucking dud on instead of a giant blockbuster but I can't remember for the life of me what that movie was. God I am going to have to go back and look.

Aloha instead of... something that starred The Rock.  San Andreas, that's it.

49 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Last year's "Which Movies Belong?" poll was on April 12th, so I am comforted that we're still keeping to the same schedule despite the trend of the Summer Blockbuster Movie season starting in the last month of Winter.

Complete coincidence :P  I feel like I've only just barely got a handle on things this year.

Why is Mama Mia sequel ahead by miles?  Is someone trying to pick the movie you'd put in the middle of your ballot?

Why not go with something projected to do really well or really badly so that you know for certain what position it would be on your RT / BO list?

23 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why is Mama Mia sequel ahead by miles?  Is someone trying to pick the movie you'd put in the middle of your ballot?

Why not go with something projected to do really well or really badly so that you know for certain what position it would be on your RT / BO list?

I pick a movie that I will never put on my ballot but will completely torpedo someone when they foolishly predict it

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I pick a movie that I will never put on my ballot but will completely torpedo someone when they foolishly predict it

It's as good enough of a land mine movie as any.  I'd have picked Hotel Transylvania 3 as my bear trap movie.