DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is IIconic - 4/10/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

From Mike Chioda's Youtube Channel "Teach Yourself the Heimlich Maneuver"

partial Transcript:

"...so that's why you should always be prepared for any emergency....Hold on this lady is gesturing at me pretty loudly...Yes, Maam? [gagging sounds] What? I'm sorry I can't understand you because you have something stuck in your throat. [gagging sounds] Yes, that's your throat. What? Yes. You're pointing at your throat. That's where the food is. Do you not like the food? [gagging sounds] Are you still hungry? I think it's supposed to go further down into you stomach. Maybe that's why you still feel hungry. Hold on, lemme go talk to this guy...she's gesturing about her throat. I don't know, there's food stuck in there, do you think that has something to do with it. Wait, she's turning blue. Why are you turning blue? What are you trying to tell me? You ate a smurf? Maam, smurfs are mythical creatures, I don't think you ate one. Hold on there's another lady screaming over here...[loud screaming] yes maam? Yes that's your blood. I don't know what you want form me. [loud screaming] Are you giving me your blood? Why is your blood on the outside of your skin? [loud screaming] It's supposed to be on the other side of your skin. [loud screaming] Hold on, let me go talk to this guy for a minute. Hey, buddy, this lady is screaming. I think it's because all her blood is outside. What? I don't know. Should she put it back in? Should we call someone? [loud screaming] Is there a blood person? A Doctor? Buddy, she doesn't have a cold. [loud screaming] Hold on, the neck lady is sleeping now. HEY, NECK LADY ARE YOU TIRED? [loud screaming] Do you want me to get you a pillow? Do you need more food? Does anyone have a pillow? I think we need a bunch of pillows and chicken wings with small bones. [loud screaming]..."

You have too much time on your hands.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Peck said:

If he keeps doing multiple nut shots every night, heel Nakamura is going to turn himself in to a mega-babyface.

"That's my purse!  I don't know you!"

• Like 5

9 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

You know he's sarcastically mocking the stereotype and not actually behaving like that, right?

Yeah, i got the sarcasm. And I like the heel turn and all.

My problem is that he is mocking a stereotype while being a heel. How does that make you a bad guy? It does in the WWE, because non-asian people can now safely boo him for it, because "Hey it's okay, he's in on the joke."

I also thought the AJ being "too emotional" shit leading up to the Mania match, reeked of some white writer who still sees Japanese people as the stereotypical cold, calculated, autonomous machines they were portrayed as in American propaganda films during WW2. That whole bit leading into Mania made no sense because he shows so much emotion in the ring to begin with, I'd say more than AJ anyway.

My point is that someone is writing these lines for him, and based on trackrecord I absolutely worry. Same company that has had it's Japanese men paired with women, so they can run angles where the asian fears they'll lose those women to the strong strapping white American men. 

Nakamura delivered it all perfect, and I love him more as heel already.  But if the idea is he gets heat because he acts the way redneck shitheads think all Asians are, then what difference does it make if he's in on the joke or not? He's still getting booed because of it.

• Like 13

9 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Well those two new ladies had super thick Aussie accents. At least an Irish accent is pleasant to listen to. Also, are they supposed to be Bella Twins v.2?

Nicole Matthews, is that you? Sorry. Old Shimmer joke lol

I'm excited for the shake-up. I'm thinking Naomi's win at Mania and then over Nattie is leading to her possibly being the one to go after Carmella first. 

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

My problem is that he is mocking a stereotype while being a heel. How does that make you a bad guy? It does in the WWE, because non-asian people can now safely boo him for it, because "Hey it's okay, he's in on the joke."

I also thought the AJ being "too emotional" shit leading up to the Mania match, reeked of some white writer who still sees Japanese people as the stereotypical cold, calculated, autonomous machines they were portrayed as in American propaganda films during WW2. That whole bit leading into Mania made no sense because he shows so much emotion in the ring to begin with, I'd say more than AJ anyway.

My point is that someone is writing these lines for him, and based on trackrecord I absolutely worry. Same company that has had it's Japanese men paired with women, so they can run angles where the asian fears they'll lose those women to the strong strapping white American men. 

Nakamura delivered it all perfect, and I love him more as heel already.  But if the idea is he gets heat because he acts the way redneck shitheads think all Asians are, then what difference does it make if he's in on the joke or not? He's still getting booed because of it.

Renee unnaturally saying heinous, reprehensible, tarnish, and disingenuous in her two questions to Nak to set up the "no speak english" thing was way, way over the top. Hilariously hamfisted. 

39 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

It makes sense, kayfabe wise, since the MITB winner could win at any time. 

I wonder what Baron Corbin's plates looked like.

Granted, I bet he does too.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, nate said:

I wonder what Baron Corbin's plates looked like.

Granted, I bet he does too.

When I wrote that earlier, I couldn't even remember who won the men's version or if they had already cashed it in. 

5 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Loved the promo and that no speak English bit worked great, but my first thought was god I hope they don't make him say that every week.

So yeah.  Im 100% with ya. I'm here for heel Nak and I liked that line as a one off thing, but I'm afraid of their track record.

In ring Nak is doing dastardly heel stuff, but that promo was clearly going for cool heel. I doubt anyone involved with that promo expected booes.  

They really might have something special with this heel Nak run.  Just please don't screw it up!

My point is that someone is writing these lines for him, and based on trackrecord I absolutely worry.

Exactly. In the cold light of day this is what it looks like, I think I was just basking in Heel Nakamura a bit much last night. Among other things...

EDIT: Christ, I grabbed Matt D's quote of you instead of your original... and the board wouldn't let me change it, either. How's that for irony

16 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Exactly. In the cold light of day this is what it looks like, I think I was just basking in Heel Nakamura a bit much last night. Among other things...

EDIT: Christ, I grabbed Matt D's quote of you instead of your original... and the board wouldn't let me change it, either. How's that for irony

You’re always welcome to say “exactly” to any of my posts.

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

You’re always welcome to say “exactly” to any of my posts.

Haha, no problem. Guess you didn't catch that I erroneously typed you up as Mike D before I corrected myself. I did watch that PBS doc with the Beastie Boys last Friday night...

1 hour ago, Victator said:

I got the impression Chioda was trying to stall to give Charlotte time to recover so she could properly defend herself. 

I figured the bit was supposed to be that he was making sure she really wanted to cash it in this time since she has started to cash it in, only to back out a few times already.