DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is IIconic - 4/10/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Happy the Usos won the no. 1 contender's match. I like New Day, but I was always more interested in seeing Usos vs. Bludgeon Brothers with how both tams have changed so much since their feud from several years ago.

I'm weirdly happy and disappointed Carmella is champ. Its nice to see her succeed, but she isn't really past where Alexa was when she first won the belt.  Was nice to see Iconic Duo debut. They were more of a hit than I would have thought. Becky's twitter vid explaining why she wasn't there to help Charlotte was wonderful. What saddens me is that she probably had to think of closing that plot hole left by the writers herself.

Bryan vs. AJ was so good. I had no problems with Nakamura's interference. He is a magnificent asshole. This is easily the most interesting he has been since coming to WWE/NXT.

47 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Chioda during the cash in was easily the best part of this really good episode.

I hated how much he stalled for time.

40 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I'd be willing to bet it's her thick accent.  

Well those two new ladies had super thick Aussie accents. At least an Irish accent is pleasant to listen to. Also, are they supposed to be Bella Twins v.2?

....I take it you've never done security at an Irish bar. *Shudders*

Congrats to Peyton Royce on making it to SD. Pretty much seals it that Dillinger is going to Raw now, right?

29 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I hated how much he stalled for time.

Well those two new ladies had super thick Aussie accents. At least an Irish accent is pleasant to listen to. Also, are they supposed to be Bella Twins v.2?

I have no issue with Peyton and Billie's accents. The Iconic Duo are worlds better than the Bellas, especially in the ring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Chioda during the cash in was easily the best part of this really good episode.

I loved that so much.

"Wait, what? You want to what? With this? You want me to take this somewhere? This is a suitcase. Is it mine? Are you bringing me a lost suitcase because I don't think I lost a suitcase. Wait what? open it? No? take it somewhere? Hold on let me go talk to this guy...but first you are aware that you are handing me some kind of suitcase right? Is something in it? Hold on, let me go talk to this other guy...yeah...she's got a suitcase...what? open it? No? Should we call someone? She keeps saying she wants to cash it in. I didn't know we could trade out luggage in for money."

Meanwhile she's just SCREAMING...

It was the greatest thing I've ever seen.

• Like 16
  • Haha 7

I'm so excited to see how what they do with the Smackdown's Women's Title picture. Carmella & the Iconic squad vs Flair, Asuka, and [other person]? 

I'm really digging Nakamura as a heel. So sarcastic and wiggly.  

Gonna beat Rippa to it just because I had to see what he said. That was a sweet little mic drop. I think this Nakamura fellow understands pro wrestling

Me: I don't think the last comment he made was racist, just condescending and nasty from the perspective of a heel who wants to insult who he's talking to.

Me also: I'm not Asian at all so it's not really for me to comment on. I am drunk and it is late, Jae I love you

Also, props to Renee for calling him out for being disingenuous 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

I want to see a show where Mike Cioda is confused in emergency situations while hysterical people scream at him for help.

It's funny because I think it was Chioda that Jericho in his book says speaks really quietly under his breath when communicating spots and that Jericho often can't understand him.  

• Like 1

From Mike Chioda's Youtube Channel "Teach Yourself the Heimlich Maneuver"

partial Transcript:

"...so that's why you should always be prepared for any emergency....Hold on this lady is gesturing at me pretty loudly...Yes, Maam? [gagging sounds] What? I'm sorry I can't understand you because you have something stuck in your throat. [gagging sounds] Yes, that's your throat. What? Yes. You're pointing at your throat. That's where the food is. Do you not like the food? [gagging sounds] Are you still hungry? I think it's supposed to go further down into you stomach. Maybe that's why you still feel hungry. Hold on, lemme go talk to this guy...she's gesturing about her throat. I don't know, there's food stuck in there, do you think that has something to do with it. Wait, she's turning blue. Why are you turning blue? What are you trying to tell me? You ate a smurf? Maam, smurfs are mythical creatures, I don't think you ate one. Hold on there's another lady screaming over here...[loud screaming] yes maam? Yes that's your blood. I don't know what you want form me. [loud screaming] Are you giving me your blood? Why is your blood on the outside of your skin? [loud screaming] It's supposed to be on the other side of your skin. [loud screaming] Hold on, let me go talk to this guy for a minute. Hey, buddy, this lady is screaming. I think it's because all her blood is outside. What? I don't know. Should she put it back in? Should we call someone? [loud screaming] Is there a blood person? A Doctor? Buddy, she doesn't have a cold. [loud screaming] Hold on, the neck lady is sleeping now. HEY, NECK LADY ARE YOU TIRED? [loud screaming] Do you want me to get you a pillow? Do you need more food? Does anyone have a pillow? I think we need a bunch of pillows and chicken wings with small bones. [loud screaming]..."

• Haha 7

Double the love for Nakamura going from zero to favourite in one night. Amazing as a heel already.

Poor, poor Rusev, looks like he'd rather be anywhere else, like he knows he's been shit on past few days no matter how hard he works.

• Like 3