DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is IIconic - 4/10/2018

Dolfan in NYC

For a while I was starting to think they'd fired Road Dog as this was one of the better Smackdowns in a while.  Then we wind up with another Orton/Jinder ppv match.

Main event was good but Nak's run-in was predictable.  I figured there would be another callup but perhaps they're waiting for next week.

Love that Iconic Duo is called up. Yes,  congrats to Carmella too.  I wasn't sure if they'd allow her to successfully cash in.  She's improved a lot but it does kind of make you think what was Asuka/Charlotte for.  They kept Charlotte strong and she doesn't lose big time here because of the Iconic Duo's involvement but I was thinking they'd have her go on a long title reign and face Ronda down the road. 

Big Game James:  

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Daniel Bryan is still the shit, y'all.

That match was really great. Basic story of each of them attacking the other's most dangerous weapon but done so, so well.

Shinsuke Nakamura interfered in a match between Daniel Bryan and A. J. Styles on WWE TV. It's like they saw my SmackDown vs RAW save file and made it reality.

And that Iconic Duo debut / Carmella cash in made for an exciting segment. Hope they can all run with it.

• Like 2

I feel like this was our first look at the new Daniel Bryan, which is very similar to the old Bryan Danielson, what with the focused mat work and trying to snap a guy’s arm who you don’t even dislike, just because it’s there and you can.

And yeah, heel Shinsuke. I like pro wrestling in 2018 quite a bit but I won’t complain about my two favorite wrestlers from years ago coming back on a Tuesday.

The Iconic Duo looked great. So glad to see them finally on the main roster. And congrats to Carmella. With the way the referee was stalling, I almost didn’t think she would successfully cash in after all lol 

Very surprised that The Duo were the only call-ups, but maybe waiting until after the Shakeup until bringing up Andrade. I mean, kayfabe wise, if you were negotiating with new talent, why would you bring in a potential new superstar the week before a Shakeup when your competition could feasibly steal them from you?

Also surprised that The Usos won the #1 contenders tag match. Very much figured they would be going to RAW in the Shakeup. I suppose they still could show up on RAW, yet still have the match in Saudi Arabia as their final SD match.

I could not care less about the US title picture right now. If Rusev wasn't involved, it would be a 100% skip every time all those guys are on screen.

• Like 1