DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-Up (RAW/SDL 4/16-4/17/18)

The Natural

I thought Reigns/Joe was penciled in for Reigns after Brock. Finn and Seth have been firmly in IC title-land for the last few months. And I don't think Bobby Lashley v Roman Reigns is going to set the world on fire. Will Braun FINALLY get the main event push?

Holy shit this roster. When they announced Sanity, I about shit myself thinking about Dain vs Bryan, Dain vs Joe, Dain vs AJ, etc. And then...

MOTHERFUCKING EL IDOLO

• Like 3

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

I just realized my dream tag team of long lost cousins Rusev and Almas is even closer to being a reality now that they're on the same roster.

El Guapo Machka!

• Like 3

I dislike them just announcing Sanity. I was hoping they would debut via chaotic brawl. No Nikki is disappointing, but at the same time I hope it means we are getting Nikki/Shayna this summer.

So damn happy to see Almas and Vega are on SDL.

Joe on SDL should be fun.

SDL itself was decent. Charlotte/Kay was probably Kay's best performance in WWE so far. Knew Asuka would be on SDL. Can't wait to see her against Becky & Naomi along with the eventual rematch with Charlotte.

Nakamura's war against AJ's balls is so weird and amusing. I wish Corbin had stayed. Him vs. Bryan would be so much better than Cass vs. Bryan.

Let's assume Roman wins the title in Saudi Arabia.   I guess he has Joe at Backlash which is only a couple weeks later.  Then what?   Probably Braun for SummerSlam right?  But then who do they feud with through most of the Summer?  

You think Corbin will be fast tracked?   They could do Roman/Elias but probably not a good idea.  If it's Jinder then wow..  those shows are going to be brutal.   Braun and Corbin would interest me. 

Looks like Seth and Balor will be the I.C. title holders throughout the Summer. 

14 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Now I’m annoyed we don’t get single brand PPVs.

Getting the belt off Brock and no Jinder push on SD solves a lot of the problems those single brand PPVs had. Now we'll get Co Branded PPVs  with very few non title matches it seems.

9 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Also, time to just end this farce of a brand extension already so we don't need garbage music videos about rebirth of WWE ppvs. Co-branded shows is symbolic of this latest effort failing.

It's debatable how much is about it being live vs the brand split, but SDL has been way up in ratings since the split.

29 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Let's assume Roman wins the title in Saudi Arabia.   I guess he has Joe at Backlash which is only a couple weeks later.  Then what?   Probably Braun for SummerSlam right?  But then who do they feud with through most of the Summer?  

You think Corbin will be fast tracked?   They could do Roman/Elias but probably not a good idea.  If it's Jinder then wow..  those shows are going to be brutal.   Braun and Corbin would interest me. 

Drew McIntyre certainly looks and wrestles the part.

2 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I'm ok with IIconic/Carmella working together, but only if leads to the Iconic Duo eventually outwitting Carmella and making her their flunky.

Iiconic is so over-the-top with their insults and putdowns that crowds are going to start cheering them even moreso than they have these past two weeks. 

• Like 1

So Smackdown Live squashed RAW in the Superstar Shakeup and then some. Usually it’s the opposite.

Before the WWE roster split came back, my sister got me and my Dad tickets for November 2016 months earlier. I hoped for RAW as they had more of my favourites on and I got RAW. I wanted to see RAW last year but it was Smackdown Live so didn’t go.

If WWE returns to where I live in November, I’m crossing everything to fucking get Smackdown Live with this roster. I have favourites in Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, Sheamus, the Miz, Luke Harper, Andrade Almas, Asuka and Samoa Joe. I’ve never seen Samoa Joe live, I’m a fan of his dating back to 2004.

There's:

Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles.

Daniel Bryan vs. Samoa Joe.

Daniel Bryan vs. Andrade Almas.

Daniel Bryan vs. Shinsuke Nakamura.

Daniel Bryan vs. Jeff Hardy.

Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro.

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles.

Samoa Joe vs. Cesaro.

Samoa Joe vs. Andrade Almas.

AJ Styles vs. Cesaro.