DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-Up (RAW/SDL 4/16-4/17/18)

The Natural

18 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I kept expecting Roode to turn heel at the end, as that's the only way he's remotely interesting.

The Usos really needed to go to Raw. Hopefully The Revival go to Smackdown as they're pretty much dead in the water as of now.

Belts/titles colour coded to a brand keeps them there.

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe she will get confused and sign Almas instead. 

The downside would be when "Fighting With My Family" comes out and we get a Vega/Paige feud over who the star of the movie really is

14 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Belts/titles colour coded to a brand keeps them there.

Good thing none of those workers or teams mentioned hold any championships on Smackdown then?

Absolution to SDL in exchange for Riott Squad to RAW makes total sense. Of course Paige would bring her proteges to the show she now runs. 

I'm assuming Natalya will be Ronda's first singles match after Nat turns on her. They spend two weeks or so building them up as "friends who trained together", Natalya turns, more heat for the match. 

So either Rollins shows up on SDL tomorrow with the IC title, or Jeff with the US. And nice to see RAW immediately put Jinder back to his losing ways as soon as he's back on their show. Wonder if they just have him win it back at the Saudi show? 

I liked the light and dark sides with Matt and Bray, as well as the Deleters of Worlds name. The assisted Twist of Fate was nice, too. 

Surprised at Drew showing up on RAW. Thought he'd go back to NXT for a bit before his call up. But now all of 3MB are back on RAW, baby! How long before we get the reunion? 

I'm mostly happy with the moves. Gable kind of pisses me off unless its to reunite with Jordan. AA as heels would be wonderful. I'm hoping Bobby turns soon. I'm one fo those weird people who actually likes Corbin and hopes Raw actually does something decent with him. I don't give a fuck about Dolph, and I'm not high on Drew. That said, I do like Drew coming in as a heel. It feels more natural. I was hoping Riot Squad would be moved and am pleased to see it. I hope Steph uses them as her goon squad to try and break Ronda.

Bryan using what little stroke he has left to bring Miz over to SDL so he can punch Miz in the face is amazing.

Will be interesting to see who is brought over to SDL. I'm seeing either Sonya/Mandy or Bayley/Sasha for the women.

Caught some of the ten-man at the end. Corey name-dropping Bullet Club and being corrected was funny; Coachman pissing off Cole who finally mutters "you just don't get it" was funnier. As was Miz being dumped by his jobber buddies for the Stroh's Man crushing

So... does SD have any heels left at this point?  It looks to be Nak and Miz and that doesn't quite feel like enough to build a show around.  I think this points towards The Bar switching brands, but I swear if they take my sweet Elias away from me I may just cry.

Couple things:

I cannot overstate how aggressively rancid that "Bayley and Sasha aren't any good" take is. Just brutal. Give them something real to do, and they'd shine. One of them should go to Smackdown.

Surprised Bobby Roode and Baron Corbin are both going. I bet Big Cass shows up at Smackdown tomorrow.

• Like 3

I'm really kinda hoping they turn AJ back heel now that they have Bryan back to play lead face.

SD seems to actually be in good shape.  Looks like AJ and Bryan stay put, and Miz to SDL to feud with Bryan is so obvious I assumed they wouldn't do it.  Of course, it helps that they almost have to keep Bryan and AJ away from Roman...

17 minutes ago, username said:

So... does SD have any heels left at this point?  It looks to be Nak and Miz and that doesn't quite feel like enough to build a show around.  I think this points towards The Bar switching brands, but I swear if they take my sweet Elias away from me I may just cry.

You don’t need to worry about things like this. They can hit that Age of Orton button whenever they want. 

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Only one week on the job and Paige has already unloaded all of Smackdown's dead weight.  She might be the best GM yet.

Don't forget the Moneyball nature:

Last year from "announced before the show", it was likely the trade was: Apollo Crews for Jinder Mahal.

This year, Jinder Mahal has been traded back to Raw, presumably for some main event talent.

TRUST THE PROCESS. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, username said:

Bludgeon Brothers and Shelton. After them I'm not sure.

56 minutes ago, just drew said:

Couple things:

I cannot overstate how aggressively rancid that "Bayley and Sasha aren't any good" take is. Just brutal. Give them something real to do, and they'd shine. 

Like a big feud with each other that is given months of TV time, multiple PPVs and is the sole match promoted for a big RAW episode?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brysynner said:

Like a big feud with each other that is given months of TV time, multiple PPVs and is the sole match promoted for a big RAW episode?

Tonight wasn't great, but they're both at the least extremely solid. The idea that they aren't is so ludicrous I question if you're watching the same thing I am. You can't overcome booking as terrible as they've had. They killed Bayley d-e-d with the Alexa nonsense and they have noclue what Sasha is on the main roster. What are Bayley and Sasha supposed to do about that?

This was the most fun I've had at a wrestling show in a long time.  Great seats,   very nice people sitting around us.  No obnoxious drunks like a Boston crowd.  

Wow did RAW take a loss tonight.   Not really because they had already added Ember Moon and Lashley and now Drew is back but the rest of the pickups seem like "a player to be named later" types.  Fashion Police was fun though.  

The Sasha/Bayley match wasn't good or bad.  It had some decent stuff in there.  Bayley had one big mistake at the beginning but the rest was perfectly fine.  The Hardy/Wyatt and Revival match was sloppy at times and I don't see anyone running in here to complain about that.  

SDL could have AJ Styles,  Nakamura,  Daniel Bryan,  The Miz and possibly Seth Rollins?   Not even Road Dogg can fuck this up...  right?  

• Like 2