DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-Up (RAW/SDL 4/16-4/17/18)

The Natural

Nakamura’s face after that low blow...

Dude looks like he never wants to be anything but a piece of shit overly theatrical heel. And he’s amazing at it. 

Also DB vs Cass is gonna rule. DB is going to make Cass look like a world killer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brysynner said:

So Paige is now the greatest GM in all of sports right? If she can get this haul from a Hall of Fame Olympic wrestler, she would do wonders in the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, XFL

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

So is Kurt Angle officially the worst Raw GM in history?

Before saying how bad it is, it makes a lot more sense for how equal these would be if you try putting the Shakeup into "What did the kayfabe trades probably look like?", where it goes:

-NXT 2018 Entry Draft:

Raw gets 4 picks from the NXT roster. 

Smackdown gets 3 picks, surrendering one pick in order to sign Paige as the new SD General Manager. 

1- Raw picks Ember Moon

2- Raw picks Authors of Pain

3- SDL picks The IIconics

4- Raw picks Drew McIntyre

5- SDL picks Andrade Cien Almas and Zelina Vega

6- Raw picks No Way Jose 

7- SDL picks Sanity 

Because of losing that 8th pick for herself, Paige wasn't able to lock up Nikki Cross for Sanity.

Full Shakeup trades:

1- Stephanie McMahon signs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn as free agents

2- Jinder Mahal and The Singh Brothers traded for Samoa Joe

3- Absolution traded for The Riott Squad

4- The Miz traded for Dolph Ziggler

5- The Bar traded for The Fashion Police and The Ascension

6- R-Truth traded for Natalya

7- Baron Corbin traded for Big Cass

8- Bobby Roode traded for Asuka

9- Hype Bros traded for Gallows and Anderson (Kurt Angle didn't watch SDL and didn't realize the Hype Bros broke up)

10- Maryse, Mike and Maria Kanellis, and Chad Gable for Jeff Hardy (Kurt Angle made Paige pay through the nose to get the US Title back on SDL).

Putting it in kayfabe, it makes more sense that each GM made one big mistake (Angle traded for a defunct team, Paige traded four people to get the US Title back).

• Like 3

On 17/04/2018 at 7:28 AM, (BP) said:

I think they pull the trigger on Charlotte/Ronda at Summerslam, probably as the main event. That's not based on anything but a hunch though. 

100,000 seat stadium rumoured to be booked in Melbourne, Australia* in October. If that goes ahead Rhonda v Charlotte will headline that show. 

*Is the same town that Rousey v Holm sold 50K+ tickets a couple of years back. 

• Like 1

Just for the record - here is the official list of moves to SDL

WWE SmackDown:

The Miz
Jeff Hardy (US Title remains SDL property)
Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville
Samoa Joe
Big Cass
Asuka
Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
Cesaro and Sheamus
R-Truth
Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dain
Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas and Zelina Vega

Not bringing Nikki in as one of Sanity is odd. She brings (brought) so much energy to them, she was a big part of their presence. Her not being there will probably be detrimental to Sanity getting as over as they could unless they're just putting off her arrival while she feuds with Bazler over the summer.

I guess those who were concerned by "No Speak English" becoming Nak's catchphrase were right, but I think it will all have been worth it for Corey's, "WELL THAT'S AN EVEN BIGGER TRAGEDY, IMAGINE FORGETTING A WHOLE LANGUAGE!"

Echoing all who mention how great and theatrical his heeling is, though. I'm so glad the two hour show is the required television for me again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

l6AmSSv.gif

So I have to say when I watched this live, I automatically thought of one thing.

Remember when Kanyon kept hitting the Kanyon Cutter (out of nowhere!) at ridiculously random times? In the ring? BANG. In catering? BANG. Someone standing outside during a long shot of the arena? BANG, KANYON CUTTER. Wouldn't it be great if something like that happened again?

This could be IT.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

SDL itself was decent. Charlotte/Kay was probably Kay's best performance in WWE so far. Knew Asuka would be on SDL. Can't wait to see her against Becky & Naomi along with the eventual rematch with Charlotte.

I agree. This is probably Billie's best in-ring performance since maybe Ember Moon's debut. And Peyton plays a great second.

I hope they keep Almas and Vega together for a good long time. They are such a great duo.

Naomi was great playing Miss Elizabeth. 

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

There's:

Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles.

Daniel Bryan vs. Samoa Joe.

Daniel Bryan vs. Andrade Almas.

Daniel Bryan vs. Shinsuke Nakamura.

Daniel Bryan vs. Jeff Hardy.

Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro.

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

Nah ... 3 month Big Cass feud!

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvMTNUN

A 3 month feud between Bryan/Cass will prove if Cass has anything that would make him an upper midcard guy. While it’s not a dream feud for Daniel Bryan but it allows WWE to see what they have with Cass and eats up some time so they can move on to bigger things with Bryan toward the end of the year.

• Like 2