DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-Up (RAW/SDL 4/16-4/17/18)

The Natural

They can do so many things.   AJ Styles can feud over the WWE title with Nakamura and then move on to Samoa Joe  

Jeff Hardy could feud with Cien Almas,  and then Almas could feud with Daniel Bryan over the U.S. title.    Fuck, the possibilities are so good.  

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think he can still be a solid wrestler but holy shit,   he might not even be top 20 on the SDL roster.  

AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Andrade Almas, Cesaro, Samoa Joe, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Jeff Hardy, Killian Dane, Big E, Luke Harper, Asuka, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Rusev, The Miz, Shinsuke Nakamura, Sheamus. That right there is 18 I am convinced are better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You say that now. But wait till he and Sheamus remind you what real wrestling looks like for six consecutive months. 

I'm okay with the Cass push for now.  Tall dudes get 2nd and 3rd chances in WWE,  it's just the way it goes.  He was weirdly solid in a couple multi man matches over on RAW before the injury so we'll see.  I'm not going to lose my mind over it yet.  AJ did good work with Corbin.  I think Bryan can do good work with Cass.  

Sheamus is probably not getting a sustained singles push with how banged up he is. 

4 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Andrade Almas, Cesaro, Samoa Joe, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Jeff Hardy, Killian Dane, Big E, Luke Harper, Asuka, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Rusev, The Miz, Shinsuke Nakamura, Sheamus. That right there is 18 I am convinced are better.

Luke Harper, Eric Young, Kofi, and Xavier.  That's 22. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No,  I'm willing to compare with different promotions and different eras,  it's certainly the best I believe in WWE history..  

Without any research, the initial WWF expansion era is so full of talent, i would think it would match up favorably. My first thought was the Crockett roster right after they bought out Watts.

Of course, how said talent was booked is a separate issue, be it 1987 (Dusty) or 2016 (Road Dogg).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Has there ever been a better top in-ring grouping of  AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan,  Samoa Joe,  Cien Almas,  Nakamura,  Rusev,  Cesaro, The Miz?  I think that stacks up with any company of any era 

Well, it's just personal preference, but.... Okada, Tanahashi, Naito, Omega, Ibushi, Suzuki?  I think SDL probably has a better roster than NJPW right now, but I'd watch NJ if you put the two on at the same time and I  had to pick one.  NJPW is generally pretty well booked, SDL... not so much.

That said, SDL is looking pretty damn good for the next year.  I do wish Balor and Bayley had gotten moved. I think heel Balor could have great feuds with AJ and Bryan.

I kinda think the Cass stuff will lead to Cass being MIz's muscle.  If not.... yeesh.  If Cass is going to make a habit of sucking the heat out of the crowd that quickly, they might as well just give him a Mr. Freeze gimmick.