DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-Up (RAW/SDL 4/16-4/17/18)

The Natural

So you know that scene in "The Day After Tomorrow" when the super cold cyclones hit and plunge the northern US into an ice age in 30 seconds and frosts so cold it turns everyone in it into a block of ice...  That's how fast the heat got sucked out of the building the second Cass hit Bryan with the boot.  Holy shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Has there ever been a better top in-ring grouping of  AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan,  Samoa Joe,  Cien Almas,  Nakamura,  Rusev,  Cesaro, The Miz?  I think that stacks up with any company of any era 

Recency bias much ? ;)

• Like 1

I'm going to pay to go to a WWE event for the first time since the Attitude Era when SD comes to town next month.  That's the highest praise I can think to give the results of the shakeup.  Of course we've seen the WWE's ability to fuck up just about anything, but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Has there ever been a better top in-ring grouping of  AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan,  Samoa Joe,  Cien Almas,  Nakamura,  Rusev,  Cesaro, Luke Harper? I think that stacks up with any company of any era 

fixed

• Like 3

Kurt Angle is the worst GM ever. He gets the US champ from SDL to RAW, but then allows somebody who he would've known is heading back to SDL to face his new US champ for the title, and then he loses that title.

Then, a guy who has been a top prospect in Samoa Joe leaves RAW for SDL, along with the woman who has the longest undefeated streak of all time and the 4 time tag team champions. But, I guess he got Mike Kanellis and Chad Gable out of the deal

SDL made out like bandits. Here's the full list confirmed on air

Iconics
The Miz
Jeff Hardy
Absolution
Samoa Joe
Sanity
Big Cass
Asuka
Good Brothers
The Bar
R-Truth
Andrade Almas

I did notice no mention of Nikki Cross with Sanity. That makes me sad.

I like how Joe just blew the whole thing open by saying that he could theoretically win both the IC and Universal titles and bring them to Smackdown due to matches already being booked. Plus Angle couldn't wait to give away the US title

So, I would've probably switched Cass and McIntyre. Have Cass come back as Ziggler's heater and McIntyre into the main event, but other than that I have no complaints. Except no Nikki Cross.