DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-Up (RAW/SDL 4/16-4/17/18)

The Natural

3 hours ago, Hagan said:

After last night's Sasha/Bayley match does anyone still think they needed a Wrestlemania singles match?

Okay, I know that's unfair. I think my big issue with them is they both have looked MISERABLE the last few months. They're clearly not happy with their spots and are both too good (at times) to have these going through the motions matches and stumbling promos. 

I mean,  look at the level of energy and charisma the Riott Squad showed during their run-in and then watch Sasha/Bayley barely get through arm drags spot and argue who should get pushed. 

I mean, Becky has had, well, not worse booking then them but she's been given way less opportunities and she's still out there killing it every night. Bayley and Sasha are quickly getting into Dolph territory of perfectly competent but clearly no longer care. At least Dolph is rich and a veteran. They just seem sad out there.  

But yeah, Brooklyn WAS a great match, no doubt.

Ok, the “phoning it in” argument has merit. The “these girls have no talent” argument is asinine...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

Losing the entire Riott Squad leaves Smackdown's women's roster a little sparse, but presumably they'll get more women tonight. Hopefully from NXT.

Smackdown doesn't need that many women. They had 6 active at the start of the split and used them all. Once they started adding the Riott Squad, the issues with people just not getting time started to show. 8 actual women in the division would be enough.

Interesting little thing - both Singh brothers are both still listed on SDL

The WWE was really good at updating as the evening went on and I fairly sure it is an oversight but yeah

SDL women's roster at the moment

• Becky Lynch
  • Billie Kay
  • Carmella
  • Charlotte
  • Lana
  • Naomi
  • Peyton Royce

(Nikki Bella, Paige, Maria and Tamina are all listed on the website but obviously I didn't include them for various reasons)

That is gonna be a sad MITB match unless they add a couple of folks

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

• Becky Lynch
  • Billie Kay
  • Carmella
  • Charlotte
  • Lana
  • Naomi
  • Peyton Royce

(Nikki Bella, Paige, Maria and Tamina are all listed on the website but obviously I didn't include them for various reasons)

MITB is dual branded anyway. I think they'll just end up with 1 mens and 1 womens.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

• Becky Lynch
  • Billie Kay
  • Carmella
  • Charlotte
  • Lana
  • Naomi
  • Peyton Royce

Maybe they'll actually be forced to push Becky.

39 minutes ago, Rows said:

Smackdown doesn't need that many women. They had 6 active at the start of the split and used them all. Once they started adding the Riott Squad, the issues with people just not getting time started to show. 8 actual women in the division would be enough.

Well, okay, you can run a division with only 6 wrestlers of one gender. But you're going to run out of match-ups a lot faster than you would with a deeper roster.

And it would be nice if they could do the Rumble next year without repeating this year's Memory Lane schtick. It was a lot of fun this year, sure, but it'll get old fast. Doing so will require both brand's women's rosters to get bigger.

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

And it would be nice if they could do the Rumble next year without repeating this year's Memory Lane schtick. It was a lot of fun this year, sure, but it'll get old fast. Doing so will require both brand's women's rosters to get bigger.

I feel like I'm going to catch heck for this idea, but with the size of the women's roster right now, I believe the optimal number of competitors in a Rumble is 20. 

Also, there better not be seperate men and women MITB matches for each brand this year. I'm already sick of this gimmick. No way they opt for four briefcases. So I'm not too worried looking at the SD Live female roster. 

But...but....but......what would that mean for Survivor Series?? If they combine superstars for the MitB matches, that would mean that Survivor Series ISN'T the ONE TIME A YEAR that RAW and Smackdown go against each other in head-to-head competition!!

14 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

They have plenty of women in NXT/at the performance center. No reason why they can't fill the Rumble next year with limited returns.

That's probably the route they go, but I find myself similarity averse to it just because it's still stunt casting. I feel the same in the men's matches. After about three of those surprises who you know aren't sticking around, it gets to be a bit much. 

But I'm an old man yelling at a cloud. And I know that.

On a more pleasant note, it's just now dawning on me that the main event of SummerSlam this year is probably Daniel Bryan vs either Nak or AJ. 

38 minutes ago, peterien said:

The Matt and Bray entrance is surely one of the worst “let’s mash up two theme songs for these two singles guys who are now a team” mixes they’ve ever done. 

Worse than Breezango just switching between their two themes every 15 seconds?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

But...but....but......what would that mean for Survivor Series?? If they combine superstars for the MitB matches, that would mean that Survivor Series ISN'T the ONE TIME A YEAR that RAW and Smackdown go against each other in head-to-head competition!!

Pretty sure this is another case of the match in question not being about "brand supremacy", but rather every man or woman for themselves in order to get a prize (like the Royal Rumble). Ya'll beat this shit into the ground.

12 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

There haven't been multiple threads derailed talking about how great a Hardy/Wyatt-Revival feud should be if WWE would just "get it right." It's a hot take because the board has had a love affair with the idea of a Bayley-Sasha feud since their NXT matches.

Wow,  thank you for this valuable information.