DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-Up (RAW/SDL 4/16-4/17/18)

The Natural

Like Fashion Police on Raw. Hopefully with a e hour show they can find a spot each week vs the shorter SDL.

Hopes for SDL -

Revival - These guys vs Usos?

Balor (with or without Brothers) - Main Event push please.

Absolution - Paige has conflict as GM.

Axel & Dallas - They are dead without Miz and would be great warm ups for Bryan.

Asuka - Rematch with Charlotte. New Roster to go through?

Jeff Hardy - Move away from Matt. Fresh matches.

Braun - AJ bouncing off him will be incredible.

Elias - SDL needs heels.

Titus Worldwide - and tag teams. Though I think they could push Apollo on SDL just fine.

Debuts of Almas and Sanity inc Nikki Cross) to help pad out the upper mid card.

With Chad Gable emphasising that he's alone, I'm thinking we'll see Jordan to Smackdown. He never completed his heel turn which makes things a little awkward, but I think it's fine.

With a good chance of heel turns for Balor and Orton at some point this year, I'm not sure there's a long-term issue there.

Short-term: micro push for Goldy! Miz needs flunkies anyway, and who better? Fuck it, just throw Kane back in the suit and you have a new and improved Miztourage. 

The lake of reincarnation calls for Dallas. He can become a sailor and hook up with Kairi Sane.

Axel I got nothing for at this point - I think he's basically been working against type (i.e. as a heel) almost his entire career, but it's probably a bit late to do much about that now. He really could have used a year or two in Japan at some point. He has a solid-hand role, helping Goldberg and The Rock; throw in the Hennig & Lesnar connections and he might be safe - but it's hard to see a role for him on the main shows.

Just for the sake of clarity (since I don't see it posted)

Here's the full list of wrestlers who made the switch to Raw:

• Jinder Mahal (with Sunil Singh)
  • The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan & Sarah Logan)
  • Kevin Owens
  • Sami Zayn
  • Zack Ryder
  • Breezango (Tyler Breeze & Fandango)
  • Natalya
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Drew McIntyre
  • Mojo Rawley
  • Baron Corbin
  • The Ascension (Konnor & Viktor)
  • Mike Kanellis
  • Bobby Roode
  • Chad Gable

Also the implication is that both wives on maternity leave will join their husbands on their new brands

Outside of Owens and Zayn which had to be the biggest telegraph ever, I thought this shake up was kinda ehh. Smackdown got rid of a lot of dead weight and guys who were just there.

I kinda hope Braun goes to Smackdown cause I want to see him as WWE Champion. Him and AJ could have some fun matches together. 

I think a couple of times during the night, Kurt Angle was as stumped as the rest of us when people just randomly came out. Almost like they didn't bother telling him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, piranesi said:

Guys, Miz is on Smackdown again.  Smackdown wins. They traded Dolph/Corbin/Jinder Mahal/Bobby Roode for FUCKING MIZ!!!

That's like trading scabies/Rickets/herpes/mono for big giant box of Cap'n Crunch.

And Ryder, Mojo, and Ascension.  

Count me in for hoping the Revival get sent to Smackdown.

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The Sasha/Bayley match wasn't good or bad.  It had some decent stuff in there.  Bayley had one big mistake at the beginning but the rest was perfectly fine.  The Hardy/Wyatt and Revival match was sloppy at times and I don't see anyone running in here to complain about that. 

There haven't been multiple threads derailed talking about how great a Hardy/Wyatt-Revival feud should be if WWE would just "get it right." It's a hot take because the board has had a love affair with the idea of a Bayley-Sasha feud since their NXT matches.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Hoping the Gable switch leads to a push. Dude is awesome.

The fact that his switch was announced online points to the fact that that won't be happening

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Whatever they're paying Mickie, they should triple it. 

Yeah, she sold the hell out of that Eclipse. 

Nattie/Ronda should be good. And Sonya needs to move simply because there's no way she will ever get over being MMA girl while on the same roster as Ronda. Plus, give her and Mandy their own themes like ASAP.

Surprised that they kept the Riott Squad as a unit. I just knew that they would split them all up. 

And was Bayley rocking a bib last night? Speaking of which, other than the initial blown spot, I don't see the whole "these two girls are horrible" thing. 

• Like 1

Weird draft last night.  Smackdown usually gets stripped bare in these things, but last night Kurt ignored the upper card and traded for.... jtts'ers and mid-carders who will probably get lost in the shuffle.  Kurt looked legit surprised a few times when people came out, so I can believe he wasn't told in advance.  He was probably thinking "Wait?  There's a kayfabe reason I'd trade someone for Mike Kanellis?"  Maybe they're going to run a "Kurt is incompetent' storyline?  His picks were kinda boring except for getting Sami and Kevin, which actually Stephanie's doing.

I'm hoping they move Finn, Joe, and the Bar over.  Finn probably needs to go to SDL to get a push and the Bar would have fresher matchups over there.  Raw tag scene is freshened up but most of those teams would probably just be jobber fodder for the Bar.

Poor Bobby Roode.  I thought he needed to turn heel and stay on SDL.  I don't have a lot of hope he'll get a sustained push on Raw.  Definitely seems like a "lost in the shuffle" guy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Poor Bobby Rude.  I thought he needed to turn heel and stay on SDL.  I don't have a lot of hope he'll get a sustained push on Raw.  Definitely seems like a "lost in the shuffle" guy.

He had a great run but the opportunity for him to repeat that on SD was slim, and pretty much none with The Miz around (who has that IC-level heel role down pat).

I think if he's going to kill the Glorious schtick and turn heel, then he's better off doing that on the A show. Pity it doesn't look like Storm is coming on board - there's always Team Canada tho lol. And actually, would Owens, Zayn, Roode, Young and Natalya together as a stable would be kind of cool. Whatever happens, it does seem like he needs an exit route out of Glorious.

Going into the Shakeup RAW already had pretty much all of the main eventers. This last year, Smackdown has been main evented by Jinder/Orton/Owens/AJ. He picked up half of them last night, and one of those was a champion. He also got Zayn who should have went to Wrestlemania as champion if not for Shane.  He also picked up Bobby Roode who was SD's hottest acquisition of the year, next to maybe Shinsuke. He even got Natalya who was champion for a good chunk of the year. So kayfabe-y I think he did pretty well. 

I expect SD to probably get  Revival, Absolution, Asuka, the whole Balor Club, & Dean Ambrose. I think they pull Jeff Hardy instead of Rollins because they don't want Seth to accidentally finish the job on Daniel Bryan. Might be a good time to bring in Almas with a "small" roster like that. I would think Sanity gets the call up for the tag division, and Heath/Rhyno replace Fashion Police to even that out.

Surely Braun is moving to do main event tags with Daniel Bryan.

Miz/Bryan/Braun/AJ/Shinsuke/Balor/Heel Ambrose is not a bad main event lineup. It would be pretty much my all of my son's favorite wrestlers and the Miz.

After last night's Sasha/Bayley match does anyone still think they needed a Wrestlemania singles match?

Okay, I know that's unfair. I think my big issue with them is they both have looked MISERABLE the last few months. They're clearly not happy with their spots and are both too good (at times) to have these going through the motions matches and stumbling promos. 

I mean,  look at the level of energy and charisma the Riott Squad showed during their run-in and then watch Sasha/Bayley barely get through arm drags spot and argue who should get pushed. 

I mean, Becky has had, well, not worse booking then them but she's been given way less opportunities and she's still out there killing it every night. Bayley and Sasha are quickly getting into Dolph territory of perfectly competent but clearly no longer care. At least Dolph is rich and a veteran. They just seem sad out there.  

But yeah, Brooklyn WAS a great match, no doubt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hagan said:

After last night's Sasha/Bayley match does anyone still think they needed a Wrestlemania singles match?

Okay, I know that's unfair. I think my big issue with them is they both have looked MISERABLE the last few months. They're clearly not happy with their spots and are both too good (at times) to have these going through the motions matches and stumbling promos. 

I mean,  look at the level of energy and charisma the Riott Squad showed during their run-in and then watch Sasha/Bayley barely get through arm drags spot and argue who should get pushed. 

I mean, Becky has had, well, not worse booking then them but she's been given way less opportunities and she's still out there killing it every night. Bayley and Sasha are quickly getting into Dolph territory of perfectly competent but clearly no longer care. At least Dolph is rich and a veteran. They just seem sad out there.  

But yeah, Brooklyn WAS a great match, no doubt.

Don't forget NXT TakeOver: Respect 2015, the 30 minute Iron Woman match between Sasha Banks and Bayley. I've always thought it was better than the  NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 2015 match. The two best women's matches in WWF/E history.

• Like 1