DVDVR Message Board

Matches you'd show to non-fans to illustrate why you like wrestling

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

John hates my posts

April 15th is a long time ago, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. My apologies, but Survival Tobita can never be pimped hard enough on these threads. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That right there is a gem and a half.  I did play that to some folks I know with mostly positive results (the one who didn't care for it is a doofus anyway)  And how can you go wrong with the cackle while he's in the box?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That mask, dress shirt, tie, and black gloves makes for an awesome look. 

He quickly abandoned it for an actual HBO Tales from the Crypt show Crypt Keeper mask and...

A baseball uniform for some reason.

But apparently if you Google "W*ING Crypt the Keeper shirt" I'm one of the first results.

So Kreuger and The Shape were the Gilberts, Leatherface / Super Leather was Kirchner, Leatherface II was Rick Patterson. And I think the W*ING Jason The Terrible was Tracy Smothers and not Karl Moffatt. But who was Crypt The Keeper? Just a dude? Someone that Quinones knew from PR? "Death Dealer" Tommy Starr wore the mask and the jersey when he worked JCW, and I was never sure whether he was the guy in W*ING, or if it was just ICP wanting to goof on Hogan because of the skullet.

Crypt the Keeper was Jose Estrada Jr aka Jose from Los Boricuas.   He's the one that got his neck broken by Edge in his debut.

You're wrong about Jason - Tracy was New Jason the Terrible, an imposter gimmick.  The real W*ING Jason was a Puerto Rican wrestler named Rafael Rodriguez.

JCW had a fake Crypt the Keeper named Hollywood Chuck Hogan that they used because they dubbed over an actual Crypt the Keeper match on one of the Stranglemania tapes and called him that.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I have no idea why I didn't think about this until now, but we need a W*ING invasion of Lucha Underground with all new people playing the roles of the monsters and, I dunno, Casey in the place of Quinones? 

See I've figured out ways around the trademarks that make this plausible.  Like we can't get Jason the Terrible, so we get Roy the Terrible.  Sharp Hand Joe instead of Freddy.  Pleatherface.  Crypt the Keeper could be Uncle Creppy, an Uncle Creepy ripoff.  Plus throw in a knockoff of Sammi Curr, Rock's Chosen Warrior because he'd be friends with Pleatherface.

Some of this is actually part of my Firepro fed, Wrestle*Arts New Generation, W*ANG.  One of the alt outfits for myself is Sharp Hand Joe.

If I get to be Quinones I promise to not try to fuck David Flair while he's sleeping

• Haha 3

Was about to say, as long as you can grow some a mustache and some stubble, aren't allergic to the cigar, and don't hit on the pool boys.

We can bring in a Victor Crowley imitation as New Roy the Terrible! He can also be played by Tracy Smothers, who will threaten to mega murder mass homicide everyone in the Temple.

EDIT: We need somebody as The Ghoster wearing a Scream mask doing high spots. He can be played by the lankiest luchador possible. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 9:09 PM, Tromatagon said:

See I've figured out ways around the trademarks that make this plausible.  Like we can't get Jason the Terrible, so we get Roy the Terrible.  Sharp Hand Joe instead of Freddy.  Pleatherface.  Crypt the Keeper could be Uncle Creppy, an Uncle Creepy ripoff.  Plus throw in a knockoff of Sammi Curr, Rock's Chosen Warrior because he'd be friends with Pleatherface.

Some of this is actually part of my Firepro fed, Wrestle*Arts New Generation, W*ANG.  One of the alt outfits for myself is Sharp Hand Joe.

If I get to be Quinones I promise to not try to fuck David Flair while he's sleeping

I so want this to happen, just because I want to hear Vampiro scream about the "WANG Invasion".

• Haha 1