DVDVR Message Board

Problem with Creating New Accounts (Verification Code)

Spritenaut 32

I'm told that, when you try to register a new account, instead of the verification code to prove you're not a bot, a message appears stating that V1 is no longer supported (as of 3-31-18).  Apparently, a link appears for administrators to go to upgrade the software to V2.

Same person told me that they've tried a few times over the past several weeks to register a new account and never received the verification email.

I'm assuming no one has registered for the board since March.

I just tried to register a new account from my work computer and phone and got the same message.

The person is forwarding me their info.  I'll PM it to Rippa later today.

Do they need to give me a password? (I assume they can change it after they log in the first time.)

They can change it afterwards - I always just make it "password"

They can change it after they register

And since they updated the Spam Defense - I just deleted the Question and Answer part.

I will keep fiddling as time allows

11 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I remember when I registered there was probably a year before I got an email back, but I was too shy to bother anyone about it. 

Well I know that for some reason the system hates - HATES - AOL email addresses (I am not saying that is what you were using just making a comment in general)

And I remember thinking "Man - I probably don't want anyone on this board that still uses an AOL account"

• Haha 2

That's just the year-long cooling off period before you can properly understand the decision you've made to join this board and sink time into it daily for the next 15 years of your oh god what have I done with my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well I know that for some reason the system hates - HATES - AOL email addresses (I am not saying that is what you were using just making a comment in general)

Does the system have an opinion on Juno?

PM just sent, by the way.