DVDVR Message Board

The Raw After Wrestlemania 34 - 4/9/2018

The Natural

Other than the few debuts and re-debuts, that was pretty much like any other edition of Raw. Ho-hum. Crowd was in to it but not at annoying-chant levels, etc.(unless you hate Bayley)

So in kayfabe world, Vince McMahon let Brock Lesnar wrestle for the WWE Universal Championship on the day his contract expired. He has literally learned nothing from letting CM Punk do the same thing 7 years ago and lucked out that Brock was willing to re-sign.

7 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Fuck - Coach is awful 

"This could be the biggest card since [pause] WrestleMania last night"

Yes the next ppv will be the biggest since the last one. Amazing.

• Haha 6

Good to see AOP finally debut, it was LONG overdue after almost coming off as an afterthought in that triple threat Takeover match.  Was really surprised to see Ellering join them.  Wasn't surprised to see him get ditched on night one.  Not sure if it was a Vince "fuck no, I'm not paying for a manager" call or an Ellering "fuck no, I'm not traveling the country doing this again" call.

1 minute ago, Brysynner said:

So who are the NXTers being added to SDL tomorrow? Only ones I can think of are Velveteen Dream and the Iconic Duo

Dream is nowhere near ready.  He'll get lost in the shuffle and become Breezango's new buddy in 6 months if he gets brought up now.   

Almas & Vega may get the call. One, or all of Sanity are probably on the verge too.   I might put a fiver on Kassius Ohno getting brought up, though I think his job is probably as a coach, not a competitor. 

Almas and Vega are ready, but nobody is really positioned to challenge Black right now. They might work both shows through June, but I figure he has to get his rematch in Chicago. That way they have until August to get someone ready.

Unless Drew is back.

Sanity is a great bet.  Hopefully it's all of them, because a Charlotte/Nikki Cross match could be super fun.

I kinda wonder about the Iconic Duo considering half of them weren't even booked yesterday.

Bryan is SO drafting Miz to Smackdown just to keep him from the IC record.

Just now, Brysynner said:

So who are the NXTers being added to SDL tomorrow? Only ones I can think of are Velveteen Dream and the Iconic Duo

Sanity?

Mysterio?

Maybe Shane finally signs that hot free agent John Cena?

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

They called up No Way Jose so it could really be anyone.

He fits the role of House Show opener perfectly. Not everyone gets called up to be pushed to the top of the card.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peck said:

He fits the role of House Show opener perfectly. Not everyone gets called up to be pushed to the top of the card.

I didn't mean it as an insult. Just the idea that someone has to be at a certain level doesn't apply.

I like Jose.

• Like 1