DVDVR Message Board

The Raw After Wrestlemania 34 - 4/9/2018

The Natural

9 hours ago, L_W_P said:

They look kinda like Heyman guys. Would keep Roman/Joe busy while Brock is away.

There was something somewhere (I am assuming it was in the WON a week or two ago) where Heyman said in an interview that if he sticks around without Brock he only wanted to do it to be with Rousey or Reigns

• Like 1

Caught some of the replay en Espanol. Authors of Pain, who I've never seen before, look truly badass. I'm glad they didn't beat up Ellering. The Sami/Owens match was everything you'd expect from them and the brainbuster tease was sweet. Had the Steph/Rousey thing on mute so that was perfectly fine, as was the Bray/Matt tag. The fans really, really need to cut out the Delete Sieg Heil though. 

Missed everything else, including Samoa Fucking Joe, goddammit

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The fans really, really need to cut out the Delete Sieg Heil though. 

The Miz's "When my hand goes up, your mouth goes shut"  is more of a Sieg Heil. I'm actually shocked nobody has ever complained about it.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:33 PM, Wyld Samurai said:

I could see Heyman turning on Brock to cost him the title against Reigns.

When Heyman made the comment on the WM preshow about "leaving with the universal champion" I thought it suggested he was going to turn on Brock in the main event.  Had that happened it would have made the match almost worthwhile.

He made a terrible Wild Samoans pun one week that was like, "You may Sika this title, but you still won't have it Afa Wrestlemania." Paul's preoccupation with Reigns's Samoan heritage always gets weird. It's like he creeps toward the precipice of phrenology and backs off. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Matt doesn't do a sieg heil, but a lot of the fans tend to. Partially because there isn't really space to go sideways.

Yeah Matt is swinging his arm so wildly he's never really stopping at point close to it, whereas the fans, presumably in an effort not to smack their neighbors' heads, basically just go from bent elbow to arm extended outward.

Great, now there's something new for Snopes to debunk.  "Is WWE promoting neo-Nazi ideals?"  Complete with JBL goosestepping in Germany, Hardy fans Seig Heiling, and the Harris Twins simply existing.

I bet it gets tagged "mixture".

16 hours ago, (BP) said:

He made a terrible Wild Samoans pun one week that was like, "You may Sika this title, but you still won't have it Afa Wrestlemania." Paul's preoccupation with Reigns's Samoan heritage always gets weird. It's like he creeps toward the precipice of phrenology and backs off. 

I barely watched his promos during the build. Did he do the "two generations removed from cannibals" bit he did before 31?

20 hours ago, (BP) said:

That pun is not terrible!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I barely watched his promos during the build. Did he do the "two generations removed from cannibals" bit he did before 31?

He didn't go that far. It's crazy that Paul thought that savage stuff was a good way to shine Roman up. It should only be used to beat murder raps. 

5 hours ago, nate said:

Great, now there's something new for Snopes to debunk.  "Is WWE promoting neo-Nazi ideals?"  Complete with JBL goosestepping in Germany, Hardy fans Seig Heiling, and the Harris Twins simply existing.

I bet it gets tagged "mixture".

I certainly think both Vince and HHH see themselves as the Übermensch. Plus, there's HHH's merch, tights, boots, and Titantron all being adorned with the iron cross. Now, someone will say HHH's iron cross infatuation comes from Lemmy, who was a collector of Nazi memorabilia. Maybe this is just me, but I find that most people who collect Nazi memorabilia tend to be nazi's and nazi sympathizers. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I presume Heyman has brought up that he used to manage the SST as a tease to potentially managing Roman. 

Hell - bring back Armando Alejandro Estrada to put with Reigns; he’ll have the fans chanting along as he refers to Roman as the new Samoan Bulldozer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Hell - bring back Armando Alejandro Estrada to put with Reigns; he’ll have the fans chanting along as he refers to Roman as the new Samoan Bulldozer.

Joe is way more of a bulldozer than Roman. Roman is like a Samoan pick-up truck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

BTW, hearing Jeff talk about crushing dudes with the Swanton on E&C was really enforced by the ones he did on this show. He splatted Curtis Axel.

Reminds me of Neville on Table For 3 talking about crushing, I wanna say Tyson Kidd, with his finish, trying to make him shit his pants. 

On 10/04/2018 at 7:28 AM, ComingToAmerica said:

Yeah I guess, but fucking hell couldn't they have done a different finish? I mean, the Punk finish would have been fine. Hell the fucking Booker-HHH finish would have been better than that.

Is that where HHH hits his finisher, cooks dinner, has a phone conversation with his extended family, writes his memoirs, then makes the cover?

• Haha 1