DVDVR Message Board

The Raw After Wrestlemania 34 - 4/9/2018

The Natural

20 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I didn't mean it as an insult. Just the idea that someone has to be at a certain level doesn't apply.

I like Jose.

I love him. And Elias was an NXT Mid card guy who got called up and has flourished. I think Jose can as well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Dream is nowhere near ready.  He'll get lost in the shuffle and become Breezango's new buddy in 6 months if he gets brought up now.  

While I wouldn't Dream to just be their buddies I do hope that Breezango is still around when he does debut so he can be their fashion god/icon.

30 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Sanity is a great bet.  Hopefully it's all of them, because a Charlotte/Nikki Cross match could be super fun.

Bryan is SO drafting Miz to Smackdown just to keep him from the IC record.

Honestly, I don't want Sanity called up yet if it means Nikki leaves. I really want her vs. Shayna first.

I so need Miz being drafter for the exact reason you mentioned now. BS or not its the perfect way to reignite the feud.

41 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

So who are the NXTers being added to SDL tomorrow? Only ones I can think of are Velveteen Dream and the Iconic Duo

Dream won't get called up until next year. He has to get a run with either the main NXT Belt or NA belt first.

I was at the show live and it was really fun. The 3 hours blew bye. The crowd was amped up. Cool shit happened.

Steph got F'ed up she's gone for awhile, thank goodness.

The Raw Tag division looks like a joke but hey what can you do.

I like that in the most TNA thing ever they finally get a shout out and a TNA chant on WWE TV after they change their name.

I hope Owens and Zayn end up working for Evolve and Progress and whatever indies WWE works with.

Jeff embracing Woken MAtt and Bray was cool. Main was fun. Roman NEEDS to be heel, the heat is their.

Joe NEEDS to beat Brock for the Universal Championship.

Bobby Lashley is back and i'm actually excited.

The Main Event was fun and I thought really good.

Oh and mark me down as pro No Way Jose he finally got called up.

One last thing Elias was crazy over last night, I hope they take note and push him in some sort of position other than goofy heal to draw heat in the middle of the show. 

• Like 1

I could have sworn I heard Cole say "I am getting too old for this" during I think the Hardy/Wyatt match.  Also based on Bray Wyatt tonight, the Lake of Reincarnation is about as helpful as the water in Flint Michigan right now

Except for the TNA line by Kurt, the best tonight is Kikuatro posting pictures on Twitter hanging out with WWE superstars including Stephanie McMahon

• Like 2

I do NOT understand the WWE rule of not filming the titantron when someone is making their debut so that the Live audience cheers before anyone at home can figure out why. 

Also Kurt Angle's plan for the tag titles is to have a 4 team elimination tourney to face the former champions and NOT include his big signing of AOP?

And Raw's GM and the WWE CEO get upstaged and beat up by someone who is supposed to be answering to them (Angle) and don't fire him?!

The WWE management is worse than the Celeveland Browns  

Honestly I stayed off social media/internet all day so I wouldn't be spoiled for anything and this felt the most meh post-WM Raw in a long long time   

Cole is just Vince's mouth piece he's been burying the Woken stuff since it took off. 

COACH IS THE WORST, like. I know it's been covered before. But yeah, he just sucks. Like suggesting football fans chant ''he's got the whole world in his hands'', or comparing Make-A-Wish kids to fictional jobs on television. He must have been micro-managed on ESPN because he absolutely cannot think on his feet. A real brain fart of a commentator.

I felt bad for Paige. I assume she'll be kept on in some capacity, GM of SD would make sense with Bryan transitioning back to being a wrestler and Shane taking time off.

The Coach thing has got to be an angle, right? I mean Graves was savaging him all night and even Cole was dogging on him. MICHAEL COLE was making fun of someone for being bad at announcing. 

And they've got to be taking Bryan's GM title away from him now that he's back as a full time in ring wrestler. There are tons of good replacement options there. Paige (like Rick said), Jarrett, Henry, Christian all come to mind off the top of my head. 

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

Say what you will about the Glam Squad, they'd have to be a huge improvement over whoever's drawing on Lashley's eyebrows now. 

Lashley has tattooed on eyebrows.

• Haha 1

When I saw Lashley had come back I honestly thought they'd held off on giving Roman the belt to hotshot it onto BOBBAY on Raw so they could continue to have a legit fighter as champion. Which would've been pretty cool actually but completely demoralising

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peck said:

He fits the role of House Show opener perfectly. Not everyone gets called up to be pushed to the top of the card.

He's pretty much been put into the Adam Rose slot. I'm okay with that.

Loved that Nicholas got a call-back, and even a few lines. I'm kinda confused when it comes to Braun though. Why not just have him get another partner? Or was the point essentially that he could do it on his own? And once he did just give up the title like that?

Didn't people already know about Paige not competing anymore? And that speech - was it a retirement from just in-ring work, or from showing up at all?

I really enjoyed the Hardy/Wyatt team and the interaction backstage after. I was kinda hoping he'd go back to Husky Harris, but would fear that he'd go on his own after this. If they're making him be Bray free of Sister Abagail a la Punk fixing Fetus into Gallows, sounds good.

having Angle produce the TNA dig despite them taking a chance on him when he was a drugged up mess paying him handsomely in the process was interesting. 

Oh yeah the AOP thing. I get Ellering is 140 years old and probably can't do the roadie life anymore, but he was the glue that held their act together. Without him it could be a disaster. 

Unless

58ee3da26f073792d25b657446b484d5.jpg

• Like 3

Feel for Paige. Best wishes to her.

Welcome back, Samoa Joe.

Loved the Braun Strowman/Nicholas interview. Also loved Elias' concert.

Something seeing Bobby Lashley back with how he left and how long he was gone for. Triple H for the UN.

Liked Ember Moon's callup.

6 hours ago, Peck said:

He fits the role of House Show opener perfectly. Not everyone gets called up to be pushed to the top of the card.

Dude should be happy at the Scotty Too Hotty position on the card. That shit is good for years. 

• Like 2

I knew this was coming from Paige but it still sucks. Terrible to have to retire so young, especially after it looked like things were getting back on track. Wishing her nothing but the best and, Like she said, if Bryan can return there is always hope.

I knew Ember would show up! Hoping The Iconic Duo for Smackdown. 

• Like 1