DVDVR Message Board

The Raw After Wrestlemania 34 - 4/9/2018

The Natural

Big things tend to happen on the first RAW after WrestleMania. These in recent years:

2012: Constant Yes chants with fans pissed at Sheamus beating Daniel Bryan in 18 seconds at WrestleMania XXVIII. Brock Lesnar returns to WWE for the first time since 2004's WrestleMania XX.

2013: After holding a Money in the Bank contract for so long, Dolph Ziggler cashes-in on Alberto Del Rio for his World Heavyweight Championship. This was back when Dolph had a following.

2014: The reaction Daniel Bryan gets from the fans as he's the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Paul Heyman cuts a great promo about Brock ending Undertaker's Undefeated Streak at WrestleMania XXX.

2017: The long "Thank You Taker" chants and the foul mouthed abuse Roman Reigns gets after beating Undertaker the night before at XXXIII.

Fans can take it too far with their chants. I'm thinking back to when they got directed at the women in the WWE. Not cool that.

What will we get? I'm hoping to see the back of Brock myself.

Outside of the remarkable Roman segment, I remember feeling really let down by last year's show. I would think something has to happen with the Universal title, right? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

Outside of the remarkable Roman segment, I remember feeling really let down by last year's show. I would think something has to happen with the Universal title, right? 

Only other thing I remember from last year's show was the Revival getting called up to the main roster. Both Dash and Wilder getting separate injuries derailed their momentum sadly.

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

You would think so. Surprise Samoan Submission Machine chokes Broke out for the WWE Universal Championship!!!

Feels like either Braun or maybe a returning Joe has to come out and choke Brock out for the belt.

I'm curious where they go with Rousey. I kind of want Steph to try and have her destroyed by before she goes after the women's belt.

6 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Ya'll acting like Brock's showing up tonight.

Well, he's actually shown up for this Raw for the last 5 years.  So... I guess him showing is 50/50?

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to The Raw After Wrestlemania 34 - 4/9/2018

Hasn't Brock been planned for months to be working Lashley after Wrestlemania? I assumed it would be without the title and just to heat Bobby up, but did anyone see anything about that changing? I feel like that was the word around the time of the Rumble and then it was never brought up again. 

It just feels odd that this Brock saga is going to continue. I think it has run its course, and Brock putting over Roman honestly does more for the company than some fabled feud with Bobby Lashley. I have also been mostly positive on Brock's run minus the last year or two where he's basically rested on the suplex city laurels. 

We could go back and forth whether nearly burning the NXT women's division to the ground and building Asuka up just for Charlotte was a good idea, but no one is going to step up and defend the way this roster has been used for years to build Brock for Roman just for last night's shitshow to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Brock's lost that scary athleticism and he blows up less than five minutes in. I think that's a much bigger issue than his Suplex City schtick consuming his matches.

Yeah, it's hard to take the UFC overtures seriously unless he's willing to take the paycheck just to lose, because he's certainly not ready to fight anytime soon.

He also looking considerably softer going into this match. I'm not sure if that's him cycling off as he gets ready to get tested again, age, or just a lack of desire to train for this stuff.