DVDVR Message Board

WWE UK CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT SHOWS

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

This ITV show will never, ever, ever come to be.

They did that trial episode (last December? December before last? It wasnt really that memorable)

All I remember is they pushed Grado has their biggest star and it was absolutely terrible.

All the casual 'non smart' (I hate these terms, but you know what I mean) fans I know popped only for JR calling it, and Davey Boy Smith Jr appearing.

Man, that show was terrible.

They just got picked up AGAIN and had a taping for 10 episodes

Hence why the WWE is suddenly signing everyone they can again.

Supposedly they will announce their UK TV deal at the KOTR show

My apologies.

I'll not edit the post as I don't feel bad for being wrong for not being up to speed.

I'll just change my tirade to 'ITV show won't be good in the future'.

Thanks for info, Rippa.

The following folks worked the 205 Live taping tonight. Read into that what you will

Spoiler

Tyler Bate

Kenny Williams

Flash Morgan Webster

James Drake

Joseph Connors

Okay - I feel like the clearly changed plans since the one qualifier they ran during the NXT tapings was Jack Gallagher vs. Drew Gulak and yet both are in the tournament

One of our most-talented rookies here in the Okanagan has been catching a lot of ribbing for listing himself on his social media as being 5-11, when he's closer to 5-9. We have been merciless about it because, hey, he's a rookie.

But when they list Amir Jordan in the tournament as 5-11 (he's maybe 5-8 and that's generous), I've got no qualms with my kids fudging their numbers, too. Shit, I'm 6--1 now, IDGAF. Finally, my NBA dreams are back on track!!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - I feel like the clearly changed plans since the one qualifier they ran during the NXT tapings was Jack Gallagher vs. Drew Gulak and yet both are in the tournament

The last guy to lose a tournament qualifier to Gallagher is doing pretty well for himself right now.

• Like 1

Since they never seem to mention it, what are they actually going to air from those shows?

I doubt the first round matches from the Download festival are going to air, are they? Are the main two shows going to bei aired in full?

The only thing about this tourney that concerns me is the possibility that Pete Dunne ends up dropping the strap. That would be awful, they need to strap the rocket to this guy NOW, and enjoy the next two decades of packed houses whenever he appears. This kid has it all in spades.

On 5/19/2018 at 1:56 PM, OSJ said:

The only thing about this tourney that concerns me is the possibility that Pete Dunne ends up dropping the strap. That would be awful, they need to strap the rocket to this guy NOW, and enjoy the next two decades of packed houses whenever he appears. This kid has it all in spades.

I thought the general belief was Dunne was losing and going to NXT full time?

1 minute ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

I thought the general belief was Dunne was losing and going to NXT full time?

It is,  and that's exactly what I think will happen. What it may or may not mean for the title is problematic. I like the idea of being able to see much more of Pete Dunne, but I also worry that whoever takes the strap will not be of the same caliber to get the importance of the title over. 

• Like 2

Matchups are:

Drew Gulak vs. Jack Gallagher (so that explains that)

Ashton Smith vs. Joseph Conners

Flash Morgan Webster vs. James Drake

Kenny Williams vs. Dave Mastiff

Ligero vs. Travis Banks

Zack Gibson vs. Amir Jordan

Tucker vs. Joe Coffey

Jordan Devlin vs. Tyson T-Bone