DVDVR Message Board

WWE UK CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT SHOWS

RIPPA

During the UK House Show yesterday - the following folks were advertised as being at the King of the Ring shows

• Wolfgang
  • Mark Andrews
  • Tucker Knight
  • Toni Storm

3 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Is Tucker a veteran hand? Why would he be sent to work woth potential signings? If he's that trustworthy he's golden as a company man.

He's got some amateur background but nothing outside of NXT. Maybe because he's been entirely in the WWE system he's a good example of what to expect at the PC?

5 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Is Tucker a veteran hand? Why would he be sent to work woth potential signings?

No idea what his qualifications are or how he's seen by the PC trainers. But being flown over to work with the local talent in the tryout is how he ended up as one of the bodies in the Saudi Rumble. 

6 hours ago, The Z said:

Are you sure it's Tucker Knight that was announced and not Tucker, the Irish wrestler who was in the UKCT? He's competing on the current UK tour.

This would make sense.

Most of the reports have been based on folks repeating what people at the show saw in a live video so most likely someone heard "Tucker" and just assumed they meant Tucker Knight

• Like 1

Re: Toni Storm

From yesterday's WON update

The belief in the U.K. is that Toni Storm has signed with WWE. Apparently there was a video montage for the King of the Ring two-day event at Royal Albert Hall in London on 6/18 and 6/19 and her photo was shown. Storm was scheduled for June with Stardom and told the promotion that she needed to leave after the 6/17 show because she had a date she need to make on 6/18 in England. She could be working it without a contract, similar to when she was in the Mae Young Classic. WWE is also attempting to sign a lot of talent in the U.K. right now for both their own television show, and more, to keep them away from ITV, which started taping television today. But it is not confirmed she signed and if she did, she and WWE would be keeping it secret anyway.

Supposedly Toni's contract with Stardom doesn't end until July so there is a decent chance its nothing more than talks right now. Whats more if its for whatever UK show WWE is trying get then her contract would be similar to everyone else in the UK division meaning she would still be working indy dates.

15 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Interesting.

Poor poor Stardom

Not really. She has been nice but not irreplaceable. I'm not sure she is even a draw. I assume she drops the red belt in June or July. I think that would have been the case WWE contract or not.

Its more a bad luck situation than anything, but I will be happy when she drops the belt if only to end Western fans complaints about the lack of defenses. Also she has defended it 3 times. Its just that the other two took place in the US and Taiwan.

She looked ok in the one match of hers I saw so far. Really though as long as KLY and Viper still come around a few times a year I can't complain. Them and Toni have been the best gaijin Stardom has booked the last 2-3 years.

Obviously, but it can't ever be fun to have to book around people leaving.

I mean, she only got the belt on accident in the first place, but they've kept it on her, partially just because they didn't have a lot of chances, but also for the stability of the title I assume.

Just posted on WWE.com

Next month’s Download Festival just got even bigger.

In addition to featuring the Superstars of NXT live and in action, the annual rock festival — which takes place June 8-10 at Donington Park in Derby, U.K. — will host the opening round of the WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament. 

Featuring 16 competitors, the tournament will continue at London’s Royal Albert Hall on Monday, June 18. The winner of the tournament will then receive a title match against WWE U.K. Champion Pete Dunne the following day.

Also they announced that the full field will be revealed this week (Wed and Friday)

Per Meltzer - the following people have been offered deals (if not outright accepted) so expect them on this show in some form

• Toni Storm
  • Joe Coffey
  • Dave Mastiff (my jeans are really tight right now)
  • El Ligero
  • Travis Banks
  • Chris Brooks
  • Eddie Dennis

(He said there are probably several others as they are trying to get guys away from ITV)

• Like 3

This ITV show will never, ever, ever come to be.

They did that trial episode (last December? December before last? It wasnt really that memorable)

All I remember is they pushed Grado has their biggest star and it was absolutely terrible.

All the casual 'non smart' (I hate these terms, but you know what I mean) fans I know popped only for JR calling it, and Davey Boy Smith Jr appearing.

Man, that show was terrible.