DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2018 - QUEST FOR THE CUP

RIPPA

Right before the horn sounds on the Caps cup clinching win a meteor is going to hit earth and end everything, so yeah I'm rooting for the Jets.

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

Sometimes you just have to beat that mental block, and then it's smooth sailing from there. Pittsburgh was definitely Washington's mental block.

Just like Burrows slaying the dragon by eliminating Chicago in '11. Wait, what? :( 

@Dewar, what's the average price? What did they go at face value? 

Right now, the lowest price on Stubhub is 135 American, so about 180 Canadian. I'd be willing to pay 100 American, so hopefully some prices drop in the next 45 minutes. 

Lowest ticket price for this round is $317 face value. I know what the season ticket holders paid, and it is less than half of that.

13 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Right now, the lowest price on Stubhub is 135 American, so about 180 Canadian. I'd be willing to pay 100 American, so hopefully some prices drop in the next 45 minutes. 

Lowest ticket price for this round is $317 face value. I know what the season ticket holders paid, and it is less than half of that.

That's it??? $135 US barely would've got you into the door for the Bolts-Devils game 4 via StubHub. Would've thought they'd be going for several hundred bucks.

135 was for a seat at the end of the rink, in the upper deck.

Did not drop to 100 bucks until 5 minutes before puck drop, and I was not close enough to get to the arena until the end of the first period. Might have saved myself some money, they way this game is going so far.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, odessasteps said:

According to what they said on Prime Time, the ratings for the Vegas games have been unexpectedly high (IIRC, 1,5+ million viewers) more than the second game of a HNIC doubleheader involving one of the western teams. It’s very possible the Vegas story is resonating even more than a potential Winnipeg final. 

Sportsnet released some television ratings today. The Jets/Preds second round series drew 22% higher viewership in Sask/Alberta/BC than SJ/Vegas. That number was obviously higher (one of the games apparently drew a 23 share) in Manitoba.

This is in no way hyperbole: anyone rooting against the Jets is worse than Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Kim Jong Un, Pol Pot, Idi Amin or any other one of history's greatest monsters.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dewar said:

Sportsnet released some television ratings today. The Jets/Preds second round series drew 22% higher viewership in Sask/Alberta/BC than SJ/Vegas. That number was obviously higher (one of the games apparently drew a 23 share) in Manitoba.

Unfortunately ratings in Manitoba and Saskatchewan are like ratings in Montana and South Dakota.  Rogers furniture is being broken at a record pace on this TV deal with Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver sucking ass

The talk about ratings reminds me of our 2007 series vs the rags. There are two MSG feeds: one is the main metro NY feed which carries rags, Isles and Devils. The other is the Western NY/Buffalo feed which carries the Sabres broadcasts. In the series not only did the WNY feed have much higher ratings but it also had more people watching it despite a much smaller number of people who got that feed.

So word is going around that Botts has stupidly bought into the whole culture narrative and is hellbent on getting rid of ROR. So if you want to bet on who makes the horrible Chiarelli style trade this off season that sets back their organization big time we would be a very wise bet.

14 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Unfortunately ratings in Manitoba and Saskatchewan are like ratings in Montana and South Dakota.  Rogers furniture is being broken at a record pace on this TV deal with Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver sucking ass

I was more responding to the "Rogers would rather have Vegas in the finals over Winnipeg" narrative.

Rogers had to massively overpay to get the television contract back. Outside of an all Canadian final, there's no way they are making any money.

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The Stanley Cup Final kicks off between the traditional powers of Las Vegas and Tampa Bay.

If the Caps win the series I am blaming you