DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2018 - QUEST FOR THE CUP

RIPPA

In what way were Boston ever Canada's team? The leafs are the most popular team in the country several times over and are divisional rivals. Vancouver hates them and Montreal fans aren't going to get behind Bahstun either. So that leaves us with Albertans. Hmmm. 

I can't even to be to describe to someone not from this area how breathlessly over the top the celebration is for just making a conference finals is.

I understand WHY it's happening but it is still amusing as fuck.

It was probably for the best that I had my bowling league championship tonight, so I was not completely shitting bricks during the hockey game. Jets win, my bowling team wins, and that means $350 in prize money for this guy. Even Ice Cube thinks I had a good day.

• Like 3

Congrats Dewar and elizium. That's a long fucking wait to get this far, especially after having to be Eddie Lack & Manitoba Moose fans for so long. I hope the Jets go all the way.

• Like 1

In a result that has surprised literally no one, True North decided to issue free tickets to the street parties to prevent them from being overrun, all 25000 were quickly snapped up and are now showing up online at over $100 a piece. Even though it was supposed to be limited to 8 per person, some people have over 100 they're trying to sell.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, elizium said:

In a result that has surprised literally no one, True North decided to issue free tickets to the street parties to prevent them from being overrun, all 25000 were quickly snapped up and are now showing up online at over $100 a piece. Even though it was supposed to be limited to 8 per person, some people have over 100 they're trying to sell.

Have they thought about opening up the football stadium and showing the game on the jumbotron?

Was that the biggest game in Winnipeg since the 1979 WHA Final? Also does the team/city have possession of the Avco World Cup trophy or did Arizona take it with them when they left town?

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

Was that the biggest game in Winnipeg since the 1979 WHA Final? Also does the team/city have possession of the Avco World Cup trophy or did Arizona take it with them when they left town?

There's a couple versions, one in the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame (that one was always on display at the old arena when the Jets 1.0 were still here) and one in the Hockey Hall of Fame as well, I believe.

• Thanks 1

Is it possible for game 3 and 4 to be played in Tampa?  I mean no reason to stop this shocking 2-0 series lead by the Caps by playing at home.  

Tampa looked so good against Boston and they look so horrible in games 1 and 2.   :blink: