DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2018 - QUEST FOR THE CUP

RIPPA

17 hours ago, Dewar said:

1) It should have been a penalty.

You misspelled "lengthy suspension". Seriously that was so fucking filthy and dangerous, particularly given Stahl's concussion history.

He was suspended, but why should someone's concussion history be a factor in the length of suspension?

Marcus Foligno punched someone with knee issues in the back of the knee in game three, and caused an injury that forced the player to miss a game (and for the record, Staal did not even miss a shift). Where's your "lenghty suspension" diatribe about that? Not suspension worthy because it was only filthy, and not dangerous?

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

He was suspended, but why should someone's concussion history be a factor in the length of suspension?

Marcus Foligno punched someone with knee issues in the back of the knee in game three, and caused an injury that forced the player to miss a game (and for the record, Staal did not even miss a shift). Where's your "lenghty suspension" diatribe about that? Not suspension worthy because it was only filthy, and not dangerous?

I was only on the Sabres HF Board posting he should be suspended with every other fucking person on that board. You want a rant? Marcus Foligno should be fucking ashamed of himself. There's your rant

• Like 1

Kucherov with a total no doubt about it kill shot to the head that knocked Vatinin out of the game right in front of the ref and nothing. Someday someone is going to take one of those hits and never get up and their next of kin will end up owning the league. Seriously this shit has to stop.

As an adult sports fan, I have learned to value hate and all the good it brings into my life, so let me just say I am over fucking whelmed with joy to celebrate the utter and total demolition of the shitlord franchise that is the Anaheim Ducks. Fuck them, long may this endure.

• Like 3

But I just need to relax because DOPS will surely do it's job. It's not like the guy running it was a minimally talented goon as a player or something.

Just now, Death From Above said:

As an adult sports fan, I have learned to value hate and all the good it brings into my life, so let me just say I am over fucking whelmed with joy to celebrate the utter and total demolition of the shitlord franchise that is the Anaheim Ducks. Fuck them, long may this endure.

I just suffered a seizure from repeatedly hitting the "like" button so thanks!

16 hours ago, sabremike said:

Kucherov with a total no doubt about it kill shot to the head that knocked Vatinin out of the game right in front of the ref and nothing. Someday someone is going to take one of those hits and never get up and their next of kin will end up owning the league. Seriously this shit has to stop.

One of my dreams in life - I don't dream big apparently - is to sit down with an NHL referee and make him watch a game where he swallowed his whistle and make him explain non-calls.  Stuff like the hit on Staal or when guys are getting mugged in front of the net or the Kuchevov hit on Vatanen.  Not stuff the refs didn't see but that they DID see and just didn't call for no apparent reason.  It's the one thing I have always hated about the NHL - the horrible officiating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love how certain hawkey fans hate PK Subban because he is black and has a personality. Just makes me so proud to call myself a hockey fan...

On 4/19/2018 at 4:29 PM, Death From Above said:

Say what you will about Fat Spanish Waiter, he wasn't wrong about NHL refereeing. Some of it is basically impossible to explain to an outsider.

From today:

Sheary gets his helmet ripped off as he's pulled to the ice. They tussle a bit - no call. Sheary then gets crosschecked in the back as he's skating away - and both guys get a penalty. So he literally got a penalty for skating away and getting crosschecked. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

From today:

Sheary gets his helmet ripped off as he's pulled to the ice. They tussle a bit - no call. Sheary then gets crosschecked in the back as he's skating away - and both guys get a penalty. So he literally got a penalty for skating away and getting crosschecked. 

You left out the part about Sheary trying to Dominic Moore the guy on the ground.

22 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I left out nothing. They tussled - as I said - and no penalty was being called. 

So tussle= one guy shoving the other from behind face first into the ice? 

Basically, yeah. 

Yes or no - was there a penalty being called after that?  I'm not saying Sheary didn't deserve a penalty. I'm saying he didn't get a penalty until he got crosschecked. That's nonsense. 

13 hours ago, Tabe said:

Basically, yeah. 

Yes or no - was there a penalty being called after that?  I'm not saying Sheary didn't deserve a penalty. I'm saying he didn't get a penalty until he got crosschecked. That's nonsense. 

If your point is the officiating in that game was embarrassing dogshit than I completely agree. People are shitting on the Philly fans for throwing shit but to be honest: I was there and the officiating was so terrible part of me actually felt like buying a beer so I could nail one of the officials with it. The non call on the trip that led directly to the clinching goal may have been the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in any NHL game I've ever attended.

Me: the Islanders can't possibly be a bigger embarrassment as an organization than they already are.

*sees they are interested in bringing in Slava Voynov if they can actually get him back into the country*

Me: I stand corrected. 

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

If your point is the officiating in that game was embarrassing dogshit than I completely agree. People are shitting on the Philly fans for throwing shit but to be honest: I was there and the officiating was so terrible part of me actually felt like buying a beer so I could nail one of the officials with it. The non call on the trip that led directly to the clinching goal may have been the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in any NHL game I've ever attended.

Exactly. That no call was completely indefensible. It's not the worst call I've ever seen but it's right up there. 

I have no idea how Boston didn't score another one in the second period where the ice was completed tilted. Both goalies were incredible and it made for a great game. My Leafs fan buddy will be shitting bricks come Wednesday.