NHL 2018 - QUEST FOR THE CUP

RIPPA

(M1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets

(M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (M3) Philadelphia Flyers

(C1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche

(C2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (C3) Minnesota Wild

(P1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

(P2) Anaheim Ducks vs. (P3) San Jose Sharks

The Bruins play the Panthers in a make up game today. That will determine who gets the Atlantic's top seed. (Between Boston and Tampa Bay)

Top Seed gets New Jersey. Runner Up gets Toronto

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

As an old man, seems weird to see no Detroit, Chicago or St. Louis in the playoffs. #Norris 

First time in over 50 years Detroit AC be Chicago both missed. First time EVER for Detroit and Montreal. 

This entire city is jacked up for tonight's game. Went to the Jets store at lunch, and waited in a massive line to make a purchase. A downtown street is being shut down to put up big screens for the public to watch. I assume there will be many people there tonight, despite the fact that there is snow in the forecast.

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

This sums up what I thought watching it.

But if a coach just let's players play hockey instead of restraining them it makes the coach less important, and we all know that's the important thing. I for one applaud the concept of libertarian coaching and now want Glen Jacobs to be the next Sabres coach. The organization should take the concept all the way and give players the option of being paid in either gold/silver or crypto currency. 

Hockey twitter is amazing right now. I am not even exaggerating, literally every non-Edmonton hockey account I follow that has tweeted in the last 15 minutes has done so to make fun of the Oilers. Absolutely no neutral observers think this is working.

Oilers twitter is not happy (to put it mildly), but you watch, another season of 41/41 sellouts.

That Panarin goal was soooo beautiful. He transferred to the forehand and released in the blink of an eye. Gorgeous. 

I mean, I shouldn't talk as a Canucks fan but Chicago done fucked up with that one, huh?

Drew Doughty has started the parade of suspensions. Josh Anderson and Nazem Kadry are up next. Lost in the nasty hit by Kadry will undoubtedly be the hit on Marner  2 seconds earlier that he was avenging, 

1 hour ago, BobbyWhioux said:

welcome to the playoffs Mr. Evander Kane

I'm so fucking glad we got back a guy who will top out as a 4th line plug and a pick who will end up being an OK player for the Amerks or the captain of the Cyclones for him.

16 hours ago, Oyaji said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4628820

Filip Forsberg just deked out the entire Avalanche organization. Joe Sakic's jock strap is near center ice.

Saw that goal last night while watching the game and rewound the DVR like 5 times. Unreal. Dude's been drinking the ankle breaking powerade. 

The thing I was struck by last night was just, once again, how insanely average the Ducks look when teams don't swallow the bait of their constant nonsense. When they actually have to just play the game they haven't looked above average in a very long time. San Jose might have a crummy playoff history but they are a veteran team that probably won't sucker for all that shit, and I think it's a bad match up for the Ducks.

There will never be an explanation I will accept, in hindsight, for how Forsberg was the 2nd highest rated Euro forward in his draft class (behind THE GREAT Nail Yakupov), yet he slipped out of the top 10. Of all the Oilers what if's that I could never fix, that's the one that actually irks me. Could have traded down 9 slots and still had this dude? Fuck me.

• Like 1