DVDVR Message Board

NHL OFFSEASON (New Season Stars 10/03/18)

RIPPA

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

Mo Johnston also had every right to sign with the Huns and Celtic fans still hate his guts. Google the Newsday article from yesterday where it came out he begged ownership not to trade him at the deadline despite it now being totally obvious he knew he was going to Toronto. He fucked that team royally, and he can shove any fake phoney insincere thank you letter up his ass. People on IslanderMania are already saying if he does one in Newsday they will collect them and the game he returns use them to set a giant fire in a garbage can outside of Barclays. You have no idea how much this hurt those fans, and these are fans who have suffered like no other fans in North American sports.

Jesus, fuck those fans and their hurt feelings. Tavares put 9 years in to an abysmal franchise. He turned shit into something decent for almost a decade. His team in that time was notoriously awful and one a grand total of 1 playoff series. The Islanders did absolutly nothing with a franchise calibur Center for a decade, and wasted his prome years. They fucked themselves, this is just the equivilent of someone leaving an abusive relationship.

Also the "oh my fanbase has it so much worse then any other" shit is insane. Ottawa fans man. How about Vancouver fans who still haven't seen a cup risen? Hell, my fanbase has endured it's fair share of shit. You don't see us talking about how much harder we have it then anyone. 

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

Mo Johnston also had every right to sign with the Huns and Celtic fans still hate his guts. Google the Newsday article from yesterday where it came out he begged ownership not to trade him at the deadline despite it now being totally obvious he knew he was going to Toronto. He fucked that team royally, and he can shove any fake phoney insincere thank you letter up his ass. People on IslanderMania are already saying if he does one in Newsday they will collect them and the game he returns use them to set a giant fire in a garbage can outside of Barclays. You have no idea how much this hurt those fans, and these are fans who have suffered like no other fans in North American sports.

Hold up. Islanders fans have the 80s at least. How many Cups??? Bullshit that Isles have "suffered like no other fans in North Americans sports". Ever heard of the Cleveland Browns?? And what glory have Maple Leaf fans basked in since 1967? You think the Isles had a batshit owner, remember Harold Ballard???

Cry me a fucking river, pal.

• Haha 1

See, great guy. Happy for my Leafs supporting buddy. That fanbase has endured a lot of shit since '67, like Infinit said, and have always supported their team and paid way too much money for tickets. 

7 years at $11 million is a great contract for Toronto. They get him through the rest of his prime and early post-prime years, as he'll be 35 by the time he suits up for another team. Relieves a lot of pressure off of Matthews' shoulders too. Only thing they could use now is a high end defensive defenceman, otherwise they are set to challenge for the cup for the next 7 years.

8 minutes ago, elizium said:

STASTNY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO ASK ME IF ITS OKAY IF HE SIGNS SOMEWHERE ELSE! IRISH GOODBYE! IRISH GOODBYE!

Yup, entirely the same thing. Right.

Maybe Lou should sign Matthews to an offer sheet after this season.  Leads are obviously all in on trying to win 6-5 every night.  Interesting to see if the Matthews is unhappy story is true and what kind of scraps are going to be left in Toronto after they sign matthews and Marner to big money deals

42 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Well the Isles got Leo Komarov from Toronto.   Fair trade off

Devils fans warned everyone about Lou being past it, and this move indicates they very well could be right. Big money/long term for a terrible 4th line grinder who is shot= Clutterbuck v2.0. That's a Garth Snow move.

In much better news no ROR trade so hopefully Botts doesn't do something idiotic. Keep him and actually try and fucking win. I mean, we just got a borderline generational player dropped into our laps. I don't want "we plan to be competitive in 3 years", I'm tired of the bullshit.

I just feel the need to mention that part of me feeling the way I do is that I am in a real bad stressed out and depressed point in my life with lots of shit going on and I look to sports as an escape. Instead today just made me worse because it took away that escape for the time being. 

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

Blues Top 9 forward lines going into today

Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou

Fabbri-Thomas-Tarasenko

Steen-Berglund-Thompson

Blues forward lines after today

Schwartz-Schenn-Perron

Fabbri-O'Reilly-Tarasenko

Steen-Bozak-Thomas

Let's fucking go.

Congrats, your GM just fucked us hard without a condom and left us a bloody mess. Hope ROR does well for you guys to show up the morons in our fanbase who bought into the whole "ROR iz a loozurr LOL" narrative. And even with as much shit as we have given each other I like the Blues and do wish them well (like them more than the fucking Hawks and their fans who magically reappeared when the team got good again. Blues fans have supported them through thick and thin so I do respect them).

Just now, sabremike said:

Congrats, your GM just fucked us hard without a condom and left us a bloody mess. Hope ROR does well for you guys to show up the morons in our fanbase who bought into the whole "ROR iz a loozurr LOL" narrative. And even with as much shit as we have given each other I like the Blues and do wish them well (like them more than the fucking Hawks and their fans who magically reappeared when the team got good again. Blues fans have supported them through thick and thin so I do respect them).

For what it's worth, I do feel kinda bad about how this played out for you guys. I honestly think the Blues kinda called the Sabres bet on not trading O'Reilly which led to a lesser return. For what it's worth Thompson is a good prospect and Bergie is still pretty good, they just were not in a position to succeed going forward here.

• Like 1