DVDVR Message Board

NHL OFFSEASON (New Season Stars 10/03/18)

RIPPA

For the love of God and all that is decent, to spite the pubic lice that are Leafs fans, to spite the disgusting vile dogshit Leafs fanboys in the Toronto media like Dreger and Simmonds, to bring joy to people who have endured levels of pain and insanity unknown in not just hockey but all of sports: do the right thing JT, SIGN THAT DEAL AND BE AN ISLANDER FOR LIFE!!!!!!

The Pittsburgh Penguins traded Conor Sheary and Matt Hunwick to the Buffalo Sabres for a conditional 2019 fourth-round draft pick, according to multiple media outlets Wednesday.

No salary is retained in the deal, as it appears to be a cap-clearing move for the Penguins ahead of free agency, which begins July 1. The trade was first reported by TSN.

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That's nice. Too bad we are going to trade ROR to the Blues for totally worthless dogshit and finish dead last again. Botts fucking blows.

At the moment - Rick Nash is telling teams that he is taking the season off to deal with health issues

His agent is leaving the door more open saying it might more be he won't sign till January or February

I am already preparing myself to be incredibly sad sometime tomorrow. JT leaving would hurt me in a way no player movement has since my Whalers traded Ron Francis. He was my new Ron Francis: a player I absolutely loved like no other player in the league, to the point I literally got Islanders season tickets just to watch him play. Even when the Sabres traded Hasek wasn't this bad because he forced his way out and everyone was fed up with him (to the point there are still a lot of our fans who are upset his number was retired and will never forgive him). The sight of JT in a Leafs sweater will hurt worse than the sight of Ronnie in a Pens one, it will hurt as bad as the sight of Ronnie in a Carolina one.

They will also leave Dustin Brown exposed in the next expansion draft (again) so maybe Seattle takes him. I somehow doubt the NHL will openly fudge stuff for a HOF goalie and 2 known 30 goal scorers in Neal and Marchesault onto an expansion team ever again, but hey it made for good TV.

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

Tavares seems like a real good guy. As a Leaf fan, I will totally respect whatever decision he makes tomorrow.

After this and the way he has went about it (he never had any intention of staying, he used the Isles) he is dead to me. Barzilla>JT.

He's just going to let the clock run out. He didn't even have the decency or the honor to tell the team he was gone. Fucking gutless classless piece of shit, I hope he fucking fails spectacularly in Toronto or SJ. I wish him nothing but unending professional misery. Fuck him forever.

They've literally wasted the best years of his prime and served him nothing but shit for 9 years. You can't serve up a plate of Lou Lamoriello at the 11th hour and be like "hey, we're competent now." Where was all this dedication to putting a professional organization in place for the last decade? Why does he owe them anything at this point? He's a free agent who is going to go to free agency. He's not doing anything any other player has done/has the right to do.

I want him to resign, because he's worth more to the Islanders than any other team, but acting like he's all the sudden become a shitbag is clearly just projecting. Anything that happens is totally on the Islanders.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, elizium said:

They've literally wasted the best years of his prime and served him nothing but shit for 9 years. You can't serve up a plate of Lou Lamoriello at the 11th hour and be like "hey, we're competent now." Where was all this dedication to putting a professional organization in place for the last decade? Why does he owe them anything at this point? He's a free agent who is going to go to free agency. He's not doing anything any other player has done/has the right to do.

I want him to resign, because he's worth more to the Islanders than any other team, but acting like he's all the sudden become a shitbag is clearly just projecting. Anything that happens is totally on the Islanders.

The fucking team was owned by a fucking crazy person for almost all of it. If he didn't want to be there he could've told the team last season of his intentions. Instead he did the EXACT OPPOSITE and told them NOT to trade him. And then he puts everyone through this shitfeat on the way out? Be a fucking man and tell the team I am gone instead of prolonging the agony. He knew he was gone and he fucked the team royally by not being honest.

And again, if he had went to ownership last year and said "this place is hopeless, get me out of here" nobody would've thought any less of him. He could've ended up where he wanted and the team could've ended up with assets. Instead the team is screwed. All the talk is he is going to SJ, which is hilarious because I would bet all the pizza in NYC that the Isles will be a much better team than them in 3 years. If he goes there it's the least bad option from my standpoint, fucking Toronto would be the dirt worst. If he turns Toronto down I may still have a tiny sliver of respect for him.

Day just keeps better for me: Sabres are going to give away ROR for shit and want to replace him by giving stupid money to JVR who sucks and is going to end up being the most awful stupid UFA signing any team makes this offseason. Our only hope is that Arizona also wants to throw stupid money at him. Dear God please kill me.

Players are no longer indentured servants. He's free to do whatever he wants. I'm sure he'll write a nice thank you to the Isles faithful after he signs with the Leafs.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Players are no longer indentured servants. He's free to do whatever he wants. I'm sure he'll write a nice thank you to the Isles faithful after he signs with the Leafs.

Mo Johnston also had every right to sign with the Huns and Celtic fans still hate his guts. Google the Newsday article from yesterday where it came out he begged ownership not to trade him at the deadline despite it now being totally obvious he knew he was going to Toronto. He fucked that team royally, and he can shove any fake phoney insincere thank you letter up his ass. People on IslanderMania are already saying if he does one in Newsday they will collect them and the game he returns use them to set a giant fire in a garbage can outside of Barclays. You have no idea how much this hurt those fans, and these are fans who have suffered like no other fans in North American sports.