DVDVR Message Board

NHL OFFSEASON (New Season Stars 10/03/18)

RIPPA

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Trotz to Seattle makes all kind of sense. He knows how to start an expansion team and he is from BC.

Know what makes more sense? Taking the 5 year 5 million per deal to coach the Isles Malkin and Lou are going to give him.

10 hours ago, sabremike said:

The people in Guatemala who had their homes destroyed by that volcano have banded together to gather aid and supplies to send to the suffering hockey fans of Ottawa.

Ottawa is the team that should move to Quebec City.  Switching out one government town for another isn't great but at least the Nords had cool jerseys and wicked goonfests with Montreal.

• Like 1

In the same way John Spano can be said to be the 3rd best Islanders owner ever by virtue of signing the ridiculous TV deal that has propped up the team ever since, Chiarelli can be said to be the second best GM in team history for basically giving them Barzal, Beauvilier and Eberle.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Trotz to the Islanders 

The sounds you hear is @sabremike frantically ripping off his pants 

No, that will happen when JT signs. And the even better thing about that is teams are going to panic and give my Sabres the type of stupid offers for ROR that would be the only way I'd ever move him.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, odessasteps said:

Trotz to Seattle makes all kind of sense. He knows how to start an expansion team and he is from BC.

Trotz is from Dauphin, Manitoba.

Great hire by the Islanders. Shocking to see competent management on Long Island.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Weird. When they were discussing him last week on the radio, one of the guys said he was from BC. My bad.

He spends his summers in BC. That's why he was in Seattle: he was waiting for his connecting flight to BC and Seattle is a JetWest hub.

NBA having the commissioner just get on with the selections is so much better than the awkward and unnecessarily long selections at the NHL draft. 

Sabres aren't allowed to suck now, right? If they fuck Dahlin's progression up, they should just shut it down.

I love having the two drafts happen so close together for humor comparison. 

Flashy colorful suits vs guy sitting in stand with mum and dad and hot sister or girlfriend. 

Thanking the city for hosting the draft. 

Etc 

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

NBA having the commissioner just get on with the selections is so much better than the awkward and unnecessarily long selections at the NHL draft. 

Sabres aren't allowed to suck now, right? If they fuck Dahlin's progression up, they should just shut it down.

Phail Housley is still our coach so we can definitely still be terrible because with Dead Weight being fired he is the worst coach in the entire league. It's not an accident that we had one of the worst home records the league has seen in decades, he is completely unable to do matchups correctly.

10 hours ago, Death From Above said:

To be really blunt I've paid zero attention to jr hockey in the last year so I have nothing insightful to say about the draft tonight, but it seems like the Oilers did the correct thing so I can't ask for much more.

That's how I feel as well. The Red Wings apparently did really well.