DVDVR Message Board

NHL OFFSEASON (New Season Stars 10/03/18)

RIPPA

You know Gritty’s watching old ECW tapes trying to figure out how to incorporate Sandman and New Jack shtick into his act.

Picture this:

Two minutes left in the 3rd period, Penguins up by one, when suddenly Natural Born Killaz starts blasting through the Wells Fargo Center and Gritty just strolls onto the rink with a laundry cart full of broken electronics and cheap guitars and just murders everyone.

You KNOW you want it.

• Like 1

Honestly, if you’re going to incorporate a new mascot in Philadelphia, at least he’s a complement to the Phanatic’s warm, fun-loving demeanor; a disheveled, violent psychopath. Dude’s going to hold T-shirt guns at opposing goalies’ heads like Ralph Fiennes in Schindler’s List before long.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He is also getting booed and almost fell over a 3rd time. 

Gritty's debut is going well.

He is Cena: booed at the live events but drawing stupid merch money (I think everyone online has said they are buying the Gritty doll when it comes out). I'm going to design my own "Gritty 2020" shirt on CafePress and make fuck you money.

6 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Gritty's debut has been a complete highlight of the day honestly. 

He's basically the mascot version of Sharknado times 100 in that it's so ridiculous and absurd it became a pop culture phenomenon. Gritty is literally giving me the will to live.

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I would think Gritty is what people with severe opiate addictions currently see the Philly Fanatic

So.... Philadelphians.

Best description I've seen so far is it looks like Animal from the Muppets was cast as the Babadook. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elizium said:

I've never had any desire to travel to a Flyers game, but I'm not going to be satisfied with my life until I get a picture of myself hugging Gritty.

Literally the first thing I am going to ask the guy at the gate when I enter WFC for the first time this season is "Where the hell can I meet Gritty???". I want him and Hunter to team up and do a North American tour with GWAR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Avert your eyes Mike

Reveal hidden contents

I don't hate them anymore because the pig sold them. The guy who murdered my team is gone and it is what it is. I tweeted at both Dundon and the team that a great gesture would be to donate a portion of the proceed from sales of the Whalers jersey to the Connecticut Children's Hospital  (formerly UCONN Children's Hospital) as that was the Whalers official charity.