DVDVR Message Board

NHL OFFSEASON (New Season Stars 10/03/18)

RIPPA

The video Melnyk and the Senators released today was probably the saddest and most terrible thing I have ever seen a alleged professional sports team do. Jesus Christ I think even Browns fans have it better at this point than Sens fans. No wonder they've only sold 4,000 season tickets. Do you realize how fucking horrible you have to be run to be unable to sell tickets to see NHL hockey in Canada? That's like being unable to sell Molly at a Dead concert.

Anyone else read the Robin Lehner piece in The Athletic on dealing with substance abuse and being diagnosed with a serious mental illness? As someone very familiar with the second part and who worked for the MHA of Putnam County for years I applaud his courage in making this public in an attempt to break the stigma of mental illness. I need a new Isles player jersey (for obvious reasons) to wear to games and was going to get a Barzal one but after this I'm getting a Lehner one.

4 minutes ago, DouglasC said:

I cheer for the Mets and the Bills. And the Senators are so far in the lead as my most depressing fandom that nothing short of one of those teams blowing off steam after a loss with a spree killing would take them out of the lead (basement?).

What about the TiCats? #JerryGlanvilleMafia If we make the Grey Cup you think Elvis shows up???

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

When I now think blood feuds - I will now think of Montreal and Florida ?

Max was just punished by DOP(e)S with a suspension for the rest of the preseason, won't miss a single regular season game. I am not joking. But I mean it's not like he sucker punched an unwilling combatant with a concussion history or anything.

Tage has been so great this preseason he's getting a look tonight with Jack and Skinner. Sobotka has also looked night and day from last year and Berglund has also looked very good, so the ROR trade could end up the type of Festivus miracle that our team never gets. #TageRage (yes, the hashtag for a guy who swore off Twitter and is thus the smartest person in the entire Sabres organization is ironic).

Been reported that the Sens turned down a better offer from an Eastern Conference team for EK because they didn't want to trade him to a team in the conference. Dorian may be the most objectively terrible GM the league has seen since Ed Johnson killed my Whalers. I mean my God, if the Sabres were in that situation having to trade our franchise player I'd be willing to trade him to the freaking Leafs if it meant we got a better return.