DVDVR Message Board

[MMMM] FINALS: WRESTLEMANIA XIX vs. WRESTLEMANIA X-SEVEN

RIPPA

MANIA XIX vs. MANIA X-SEVEN  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the Best Mania

This poll is closed to new votes

It's interesting to look back and see the difference 2 years make:

Rock/Austin from Mania 19, which unfortunately does not include the INSANELY KICK ASS Evil Rock theme

Also interesting that Rock is the de facto heel in the first match and the de facto face in the second. 

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

At least we got the finale right even if I can't figure out how 24 and 31 went out so early.

Because 24 sucks

31 got a bad draw plus people are fools

WrestleMania 31 is garbage. The one good match on the show is ruined by the start of one of the worst title reigns ever. 24 is good, but not one of the best ever.  3 and 7 are the ones that got robbed.

Anyway, I just looked at the card for 19 to refresh my memory, kinda expecting that I'd vote for that. But now looking at it I think it's pretty overrated. Still a top tier Mania, but not a serious GOAT contender. I like Rock/Austin and Hogan/McMahon quite a lot. Jericho/Shawn and Booker/Trip are okay. Nothing else is really thrilling me. 17 has a better Mr McMahon garbage match, a better Austin/Rock match (maybe), and TLC, which I still think holds up as a great spotfest/gimmick match. And the rest of the undercard is probably, maybe just more fun. I think I have to go with 17 in the end.

As a show, I feel XIX runs out of steam when you reach the end. Angle-Lesnar did nothing for me that night, and they probably weren't the right choice to follow Rock, Austin, Hogan, McMahon, Piper, and what was a pretty good show to that point. As a complete show, X-Seven did a better job sticking the landing.

Not as close as I thought it was going to be.

Video packages were better, Taker match was better, main event was better, I'd even say the match involving a McMahon was better...

Only thing X7 lacked? A sober Shawn Michaels having a match.

• RIPPA locked this topic