DVDVR Message Board

The Heel Beatdowns Thread Revisited

Thomas Bugg

Some Mid-South stuff here. We get a Butch Reed music video with the Sugarhill Gang, then Cornette interrupts the interview and the Midnight Express proceed to beat the shit out of Bill Watts.

The worst thing about the Best of Mid-South DVD is that while the Midnights/Watts feud is covered, this segment wasn't included.  It changes the whole dynamic and makes Bill Watts look like a total prick without it (insert obvious joke here).  Apparently the entire piece required you to watch the Butch Reed workout first, so they took it all out.

• Like 1

Some Mid-South stuff here. We get a Butch Reed music video with the Sugarhill Gang, then Cornette interrupts the interview and the Midnight Express proceed to beat the shit out of Bill Watts.

The worst thing about the Best of Mid-South DVD is that while the Midnights/Watts feud is covered, this segment wasn't included.  It changes the whole dynamic and makes Bill Watts look like a total prick without it (insert obvious joke here).  Apparently the entire piece required you to watch the Butch Reed workout first, so they took it all out.

Yeah, because WWE doesn't want to pay residuals to rap pioneers :P 

Saw this in the WOTD folder.  This might be the wildest I've ever seen Brody stateside.  Good Lord does he go into full Beast Mode, with Abby trying to keep up by sneaking up(!) at the most opportune times to give Blackwell a taste of his fork. This was a great angle overall and I wish my area had AWA at this time.:

. http://youtu.be/nZz46LEcAl8 

• Like 1

Some Memphis rasslin' goodies here. Lawler is putting it to Ben Jordan, taking his frustrations out on this career jobber, when Chris Champion, of sound mind and shitty gimmicks, comes in and tries to play Captain Save-A-Ho for Jordan. Lawler tells the lifetime mid-carder "YOU GON' LEARN TODAY!" and proceeds to whoop the shit out of him all over the WMC studios, breaking the announce table and leaving him in a bloody heap.

More Memphis shit. Robert Fuller tries and fails to get Bill Dundee to join the Stud Stable and a brawl ensues. A young JC Ice tries to come to his dad's rescue. BIG MISTAKE! Sid chokes the young scrawny kid like he owes the mob money.

• 2 weeks later...

Some Memphis rasslin' goodies here. Lawler is putting it to Ben Jordan, taking his frustrations out on this career jobber, when Chris Champion, of sound mind and shitty gimmicks, comes in and tries to play Captain Save-A-Ho for Jordan. Lawler tells the lifetime mid-carder "YOU GON' LEARN TODAY!" and proceeds to whoop the shit out of him all over the WMC studios, breaking the announce table and leaving him in a bloody heap.

that's followed up by this beatdown:

Not as brutal as this though:

• Like 1

Piper's Pit. Yes, that episode. I forgot just how great of a dickhead heel Piper was until watching this again.

Big Bossman and A-Train gas up the training room where the Big Show is getting taped up and ambush him. Now I know you're supposed to suspend disbelief and all that jazz, but as someone who used to put gas masks on a regular basis I know you're supposed to check the seal and make sure it's secured to your face before going into a contaminated area, and by that knowledge after watching this video Ray Traylor should've been shaking just as bad from the gas as Show was.

I think there needs to be a competing "Babyface Shows Fire/Walking Tall Segments" that competes with this. Last week's Raw ending should also be included in that.

You mean like the babyfaces retaliating on the heels? And yeah, RAW's awesome ending would definitely qualify.