DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 4/3/2018 - What About My Tablet?

Dolfan in NYC

I'm not really feeling the mutual respect thing they're doing with Shinsuke & AJ, but at least the match should be good.

And Shane is 100% turning on Bryan.  Ugh.  

• Sad 1

I like the mind games stuff between Nakamura and AJ. I just wish they had started it earlier.

Charlotte/Nattie was good.

Its nice to know one of the Colons is still alive.

I really hope we don't get a bs turn in the tag match Sunday.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That's gonna be such a buzzkill. Absolutely no sense even in twisted WWE logic, the thought of Shane aligning with Owens/Sami after the last 9 months, ugh indeed. I've loved Shane as the super babyface of the past 2 years so I'm gonna be hoping this doesn't happen all match for however long it lasts. But yeah tonight's segment had this awkwardness to it where I almost thought it was gonna happen right then.

• Like 1

Bryan should turn on Shane.

Owens and Zayn are likely moving to Raw, so SD will need a top heel. And yes I know Bryan won’t be booed, but he can be an AJ Style heel at least.

And WWE needs full on best in the world Bryan heeling on SD about how he beat retirement while fans couldn’t beat obesity.  

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm not really feeling the mutual respect thing they're doing with Shinsuke & AJ, but at least the match should be good.

Honestly, if I thought they could get people to boo D-Bry, I'd think that opening promo was setting up Bryan turning on Shane.   At one point, that was the plan for the angle, according to Meltzer.  It would even make some sense.   I assume that that's out the window now that plans have changed and Daniel Bryan may sign a new deal (and is again/still hugely over).

Of course, Vince capping off Bryan's feel-good story with a forced heel turn and jobbing to Shane wouldn't be out of character.

Is/Was the staph infection real?  Didn't hear about that before, so I thought maybe conquering diverticulitis and hernia surgery in a week wasn't superhero-ey enough for Shane. 

On Tuesday, April 03, 2018 at 7:01 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Huh.  I was really loving the way they built this from mutual respect to a cocky 'I'm better than you' game of one-upmanship, culminating with the Phenomenal Forearm in Nakamura's face and the return of the pat on the head.  It's such an easy way to build a feud "You're a solid dude and a nice guy, but I'm better than you".  They haven't exchanged a single punch, and the crowd is super-duper into it versus the admittedly good response that Reigns-Brock is getting but that one they had to go all-out with shoot comments, a Vince appearance, a face getting arrested, a massive beatdown, a second beatdown with plunder, and a third battle with plunder.

• Like 1