DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS BRAINS STROWMAN~~ - 4/2/2018

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Hot shot?  I didn't just start advocating for it tonight.  I was advocating for it months ago.  And most posters here had it penciled in for the show.  They're getting better reactions than Orton,  Jinder Mahal and Bobby Roode were.  Rusev was just added last second but at no point were any of the other three in danger of missing the show. 

Bayley and Sasha has been building for well over a year and they’ve only just kicked off the in ring portion. There’s no need to rush the first single match on an already stacked card.

Also, Rusev gets better reactions than either Bayley or Sasha. So that US title match and his win should be on the main show. 

• Like 1

Bayley was more over tonight than she's been in months. I don't know if that's because they've actually given her a bit of an edge the last several weeks or just this crowd was in to her.

This Cena/Taker thing is really weird but dammit Cena is trying.

Undertaker being held off Raw entirely strongly hints at a gimmick change/reversion, right? Kid Rock is there to do American Badass, you'll hear the motorcycle rev, etc., without having any of it spoiled. (Though again, I think the lack of spoiling is, paradoxically, a bit of a spoiler.) Otherwise, why hide him? I guess "no reason" is an acceptable answer, but.

While I think that's probable, I'm relatively certain Elias' Wrestlemania segment gives way to an interminable Rock concert.

I'm kinda wondering if the Undertaker thing is because Calaway is waffling on committing.  Or wouldn't agree to work RAW beforehand.  Angle makes no sense otherwise.

Storyline-wise, I'd kinda prefer them to do an angle to set up next year, if only because they might book an actual feud next year.  But that leaves Cena without an opponent for the biggest show of the year.  Surely not....

Then again, one of the few things have less interest in seeing than an Undertaker match in 2018 is an Undertaker match booked for 2019.

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bayley was more over tonight than she's been in months. I don't know if that's because they've actually given her a bit of an edge the last several weeks or just this crowd was in to her.

Yeah, she got a strong reaction tonight even before Sasha showed up. I'm glad that they have finally given the character some edge after that horrible feud with Alexa that made her look ineffectual and dopey. I also enjoyed the post match fight. "Raise my hand" indeed! lol 

As soon as I saw Stephanie in the leather pants of evil, I knew Ronda was in for it. Speaking of Ronda, I'm not sure what's going on there but it's not looking pretty. 

I kept wondering which rag tag team they were going to have Mickie and Alexa face, since the other Raw women had already competed or were on the shelf, and you couldn't go more odd couple that Asuka and Dana Brooke. lol 

Cena should interfere in the mixed tag match. Just make it as big of a clusterfuck as possible, like HHH/Sting. Through some twisted logic, Cena can blame HHH & Stephanie for Taker not wanting to come back. Have Zeus run in. The Yeti, wrapped in toilet paper, can come lumbering to the ring. Have Papa Shango not miss his cue this time. Just throw as much Wrestlecrap as possible into the match. 

Slightly off topic, I had a great idea for the Greatest Saudi Rumble Ever. A match in the making since the Gulf War: Hulk Hogan vs. Sheik Tugboat.

7 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I thought a few years ago when they had some random 4 way match on RAW to determine who would face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, that was the worst idea for a match build for him. Tonight they have surpassed that. I mean, they seem to like doing that cellphone video promo stuff. You're telling me that The Undertaker couldn't have just sent one of those in sometime in the last two months so they could have that on hand to give Cena an answer?

If your solution to the terrible buildup is to have the goddamn Undertaker cut one of those awful cellphone promos, I am elated that you don't have the book.

• Like 5