DVDVR Message Board

205 LIVE RETRO WORKRATE REPORT – EPISODE #1 (11/29/16)

RIPPA

Since the immense hatred I have myself will never go away, it means new project time

http://deathvalleydriver.com/workrate_205_1/

For reasons known only to me and my non-existent therapist, I started getting the hankering to do a workrate report again (despite hating the format) when I was putting the NXT Retro Workrate Report archives up. 205 Live has like 60 something episodes that I have access too so it’s not too too bad to get caught up. (Man, I didn’t even finish that sentence and I am already regretting it. I should have just done this year.)

• Like 1

You really didn't like Noam Dar? I thought he was fine, just kinda bland.

And Ho Ho Lun had a good story. Also, as a fellow talentless little hack of a promoter that gets booked elsewhere simply because he's a promoter, I appreciate what got him to the dance.

8 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

You really didn't like Noam Dar? I thought he was fine, just kinda bland.

Oh he is definitely bland

To be fair - he also got kinda screwed in the CWC as he got a Shira, Ho Ho Lun and Zack Sabre Jr

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

I've worked with and traveled with the Sihra Bros and they definitely were not on their games in the CWC...

I also think they are both much better as a team and not as singles workers

• Like 1

“Because I have soooo much free time, I decided to start working through the NXT Shows on Hulu. For someone who has longed for the days of Saturday Night or Worldwide for that matter, this is the closest I am going to get. Of course, doing them retroactively will mean that I have to space out my jokes. Do I mock Tony Dawson now or what a little bit? Decisions. Decisions.

Yea I just laughed for way too long at that - of COURSE WCW Saturday Night gets dropped on the network the day you start this.  

25 minutes ago, CSC said:

Yea I just laughed for way too long at that - of COURSE WCW Saturday Night gets dropped on the network the day you start this.  

There is part of me that feels like it is a dare to blindly review Sat Night's and THEN compare them to Dean's Workrate report

But then there is part of me that is "At some point - I need to get paid for this 2nd full time job"

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who would contribute to the "Rippa reviews a ton of stuff, at least 50% of which is painful and makes him actively hate life" patreon.  

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

Dar got good as 205 went on and he became a creep.

His problem was the booking. His feud got dragged on for way too long with Cedric and Alicia should have never been involved.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

I disagree about Alicia. She added something to Dar's character. The feud itself though definitely went to long.

Cedric getting injured made the feud go too long, IIRC, with Swann as Cedric’s surrogate.  As far as Alicia, a lot of people never gave it a chance, but I agree that she added to Dar’s character, and the entire show.

• Like 1

I generally hate modern romance angles in the Wwe because Vince’s textbook misogyny always comes through in the end that the woman will always come away looking like a two-timer or something along those lines. And the men get the congratulatory trophy story boost that just makes their character better in a way that is meaningless  outside the trite projection of “hey x character hit that.” The women often become objects in his storylines instead of independent characters. There were other ways to make Dar’s character project that he is a goofy snobby  arrogant asshole that did not involve Alicia Fox, a character who has already been perceived by the fans as batshit and cantankerous.