DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] APRIL 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

So everyone that wins in their title matches on Saturday, then has to work the next morning in New Orleans? It's like the WWE equivalent of a NBA coach scheduling an 8AM shootaround in LA.

Yup and the problem also with it is it also sorts gives away the result of the Takeover tag match - unless Dunne is working twice

Day 1 of the Invitational Results

WWE U.K. Championship Invitational First Round

Lio Rush def. Buddy Murphy
Drew Gulak def. Dan Matha

NXT North American Invitational First Round

Fabian Aichner def. Jason Kincaid
Akira Tozawa def. Kona Reeves

NXT Tag Team Invitational First Round

Moustache Mountain def. Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss
Street Profits def. Cezar Bononi & Adrian Jaoude

NXT Women’s Invitational First Round

Nikki Cross def. Aliyah
Kairi Sane def. Bianca Belair

14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

(Cody) also knows if he does something too bad vs the company, it could adversely effect Dustin. 

That sure is a take.  Goldust first worked at WWE in 1995 and is nearly 50 years old.  Do you think the 20 years relationship might mean something to them?

I think Dustin will be OK.

16 hours ago, turk128 said:

WTF... Jason Kincaid, never heard of him, is this just a guest appearance?

He was in one of the ROH Top Prospect tournaments I believe. Maybe the year Lio Rush won? Certainly has a unique look.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, turk128 said:

Yeah, I'm now F'N jealous too.
057_MATCH_04052018mm_1362--424aec8efc565

062_MATCH_04052018mm_1481--12ed8ca7d8eba

Going to steal Shibata's gimmick but what am I looking at here?  Looks like Buddy Murphy in a mask against TJP. Is that Gallagher in the bottom pic against Murphy?

28 minutes ago, Peck said:

Going to steal Shibata's gimmick but what am I looking at here?  Looks like Buddy Murphy in a mask against TJP. Is that Gallagher in the bottom pic against Murphy?

I believe it was Kalisto who gave it to his partner (Murphy) and it got passed around.

So four title matches at Axxess; it feels like a title has to change hands. Difficult to see Bate/Seven beating Undisputed Era, though maybe Dunne interferes (and it would open up the tag division I suppose, assuming AoP are going to the main shows). I am thinking Lio Rush will more likely beat Dunne though, possibly from Strong interference.