DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] APRIL 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Usually the guys finish up the NXT dates they had before moving to the main roster full time.

So I would suspect Almas will still be there this weekend

They are promoting the DC (and I guess the Saturday show since that seems to the formula) NXT shows as Black vs Almas  and Baszler vs Kari Sane as the top 2 matches.  And No Way Jose will still be there as well

DbFV8qOWAAE-mGb.jpg:large

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

They are promoting the DC (and I guess the Saturday show since that seems to the formula) NXT shows as Black vs Almas  and Baszler vs Kari Sane as the top 2 matches.  And No Way Jose will still be there as well

DbFV8qOWAAE-mGb.jpg:large

I don’t know if this is common on not, but they sent an email like that out for the Charlotte show, and the advertised match (Gargano/Almas) didn’t happen.  Almas and Cole, who was also advertised, weren’t even there at all.

I don't think WWE cares.

NXT is just their "Fox Searchlight" indie substudio. Connected to developmental system the same way movie studios grab hot young directors, gives them a slice of that indie pie, etc etc.

If the PC produces a superstar, that justifies a lot of the cost for at least a year.

• Like 1

So remember last year when they announced Black vs Velveteen Dream at NXT Takeover and the going opinion was "well they have been having the best matches on house shows  so this will be awesome" and it ended up being a top 2 match of the year.  Well the Dream might have his 2018 version tonight as he had a great match in DC against Ricochet.  A match most people believe will be on the next NXT Takeover.   Man with a couple more months of seasoning that is going to be so much so fun to watch

Very good show where the final two matches were damn god and one great match in my opinion.   The Anthem is an awesome place to run wrestling.  Maybe it is too expensive or it doesn't have the right number of people attendance size but it so much better than shows at the Patriot Center or whatever it is called now.    Since I figure these will be matches and 90% of the stuff on Saturday I will spoiler it:

Spoiler

1.  Oney Lorcan vs Chad Lail (Gunner from TNA) turned into a 6 man with Oney and the Sreet Profits beating Lail/Wesley Blake/Steve Cutler

2.  Nikki Cross  & Candice Larae beat Bianca Belair & Lacey Evans (man I would love to Bianca in a singles against either one of them

3.  Ricochet beat Velveteen Dream in the best match of the show

4.  Ciampa beat Kassius Ohno.   Ciampa was putting over that Gargano wasn't going to be at the show because of what will happen on TV this week.  Well after the match trying to beat up Ohno, Gargano in a neck brace came out and cleaned house.   Great reaction from crowd

5.  EC3 beat No Way Jose in most comedy and probably the worst match on show

6.  Shayna Baszler beat Kari Sane in a really good match

7.  Aliester Black beat Almas in another really good match

• Like 1

That's what I love about NXT house shows.  Lots of times you get to watch them rehearse upcoming Takeover matches.  A couple of years ago, we got DIY vs Revival in Houston, a couple of weeks before their match in Brooklyn.  They ran through most of the big spots and sequences from the Takeover match.  It was probably the best match I've ever seen live.

43 minutes ago, turk128 said:

First I heard of this... are you talking about the Lacey Evans military themed stable?

The wrestled in the opening match of the DC show last night that hammer posted about.

The only difference is that it appears they decided to take Lacey out of the group (and it was always built around Chad Lail (formerly Gunner))

The name is The Forgotten Sons

Still baffling that Lacey Evans is considered a heel.  Sure she is arrogant who has a thing about people that don't look like her but if you remember her history from Mae Young Classic as a mom who fight for our country as well it is kind of hard to hate her.  Although I don't follow her on twitter so maybe that opinion would change  

Since a couple of people mentioned it - I googled what the fuck was going on in regards to Lars and Lacey

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-news-heated-twitter-exchange-between-two-nxt-superstars

That is the recap.

Basically - Lacey worked herself into a shoot over Lars busting Roderick Strong's chops

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Still baffling that Lacey Evans is considered a heel.  Sure she is arrogant who has a thing about people that don't look like her but if you remember her history from Mae Young Classic as a mom who fight for our country as well it is kind of hard to hate her.  Although I don't follow her on twitter so maybe that opinion would change  

I don't have any idea how anyone can watch that woman and see anything but a natural heel.  I'm sure she's a perfectly pleasant person in real life, but she comes off as overbearing and judgemental in all of her action.  I've noticed it from the first time I saw her.  I don't care how much time she spent serving the country, or how many adorable kids she has...that woman is a heel.  You act like we don't all know a veteran or a mother who is an asshole.

• Like 4

Last night was dope.  The only match I wasn't a huge fan of was EC3 vs. No Way Jose, but even that was fun as hell.  Velveteen Dream is going to be a fucking star.  He's 22 years old and can flat out bring it in the ring already.  He put on a great match with Ricochet and his hometown crowd was behind him to the point he had to start yelling about not needing their help.  I don't know what his ceiling is, but it is outrageously high, and I can't wait to see it.

• Like 2