DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] APRIL 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I guess it depends on what you consider “NXT”.  If it’s just TV, you’re right.  If it’s the house show loop, he counts.  I get either argument though.

If the PC costs counts as NXT "losing money", then people trained at the PC have to count as NXT graduates. You can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

If the PC costs counts as NXT "losing money"...

I really wonder just how small the margarine ever got. I mean, I totally understand NXT was in the red at the start but now that they've been doing sellouts on their Takeovers and have decent attendance on their non-Florida house shows along with merch sales....

...wait, I wonder if this explains part of why they are signing everyone who is anyone to a contract. Maybe similar to the Hollywood tax right-off basically.

Given that watching Mauro and Percy lose their shit on commentary is now a thing on Twitter does this mean that the impossible might happen and that Mauro might even get MORE annoying.   Whoever decided to put a camera in their faces doing the play by play really hates us

Is there any footage of Keith Lee vs Lars Sullivan anywhere?   :wub:

5 hours ago, Peck said:

Before I click on this, does this actually give results or just a rundown of matches/promos without the finishes?

It lists matches (no results), who the agent for the match is and the ref

The only real spoiler is it indicates if someone came out during a promo

Okay, so this was "accidentally" on Instagram two days after the RAW format happened to leak... Maybe I'm paranoid but this seems unlikely to just be happening.

Though I can't imagine why they would want it leaked.

39 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Okay, so this was "accidentally" on Instagram two days after the RAW format happened to leak... Maybe I'm paranoid but this seems unlikely to just be happening.

Though I can't imagine why they would want it leaked.

It absolutely helps my theory about the Takeover main event.

The WWE announced that the NXT North American Championship,  NXT Women’s Championship and the NXT Tag Team Championship will all be defend on the 2nd day of the UK Tournament show.

The UK stuff has been announced for June 18 and 19 so that is two days after Takeover Chicago so they are already doing the WHO KNOWS WHO THE NXT CHAMPS WILL BE?!??! bit

WWE.com threw up some updated names for this weekend’s Eastern loop. The fact they were just put up within past 24-48 hours tells me they’re probably pretty accurate. (Spoilered for list-length)

Spoiler

Aleister Black

Ricochet

Almas

Velveteen

Baszler

Kairi

Ciampa

Oney(Yes! Although, only mentioned for Friday-Sunday)

Nikki Cross

Lacey Evans

Candice Lerae(but no Johnny... hmmm)

EC3

Ohno

No Way Jose(Thursday show only)

Lio Rush, Roderick Strong and Chris Dijak all tweeted that they are working the FL loop this weekend so the talent list seems to be matching up

8 hours ago, Matt D said:

That’s a pretty tempting line up, actually. It’s probably not worth the grief of going to Bel Air and leaving my wife with the GERD-laden 6 month old though.

I'm going to Bethlehem Friday. I like what I see of the names listed, but I'm hoping it doesn't mean the Undisputed Era aren't on this loop. So, no Roderick, but hopefully we still get Adam Cole BAY-BAY.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
just saw Rippa's post.

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

So, how much of that loaded line-up will still be in Fake Baltimore? 

Usually the guys finish up the NXT dates they had before moving to the main roster full time.

So I would suspect Almas will still be there this weekend

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Usually the guys finish up the NXT dates they had before moving to the main roster full time.

So I would suspect Almas will still be there this weekend

For example

22 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Sombra finally comes and is no longer champ. :(

He was at the last two Bel Air shows.

And I still don't understand why Lio's working Florida loop when it'd make sense to have him work in his hometown.  Even as a job guy it'd make sense to put him there.