DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] APRIL 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So I went to Walmart today wearing my Johnny Gargano t-shirt. A cute young cashier stopped me on the way out to compliment me on it and ask iif I was watching Mania. We chatted for a minute about the match Saturday night on my way to the doors. That was... Unexpected.

• Like 4

On 4/5/2018 at 2:01 PM, RIPPA said:

Chris was scared off from the main thread due to all the Metal talk

Lol, so was I.  Nothing more interesting than discussing two bands you've barely heard of (I know a tiny bit about Rage against the Machine, though I couldn't tell you the first thing about them or name a song or album.  I wouldn't know who or what System of a Down is if they came to my door.  Some sort of metal band, I think.  That's the extent of my knowledge).

This thread is now about Kathy Mattea.

1 hour ago, Peck said:

He cuts this promo on TV = superstar. Thoughts?

Definitely. This is the type of person he needs to convey to the crowd. It's absolutely real and can be instantly connectable to the audience. I woukd implore them to let him showcase this side of him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It was funny - when Charlotte started her entrance all of us immediately knew one of them had to be Tino

Yup. "That has to be Tino. So one of them is probably Moss. I wonder who the third one is?"

9 hours ago, Dewar said:

Did Braun ever appear on NXT television? Not sure he counts. Those other two are excellent examples though.

I guess it depends on what you consider “NXT”.  If it’s just TV, you’re right.  If it’s the house show loop, he counts.  I get either argument though.

13 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

You could argue that some of the best NXT callups have outperformed their standing/impactfulness.  Braun, Elias, Alexa...

True but I would contend that at least with Elias and Alexa, you can see the natural progression whereas they never booked the the  Iconic Duo as having much of a chance vs any NXT main eventer.

6 hours ago, nofuture said:

Liv Morgan accidentally posted tonight's taping run sheet on Instagram:

Reveal hidden contents

DaiWccxXUAA4o7g.jpg

Before I click on this, does this actually give results or just a rundown of matches/promos without the finishes?