DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2018 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The series finale of Scandal was kinda underwhelming.  It was good wrestling booking as the right people went over and there was one huge twist that I did not expect, but I still felt that something was missing. 

I think part of the problem was that the episode length was only an hour.  I think that it deserved a two hour send-off to make it feel special, but that probably couldn't have happened as it really felt like Shonda had finally run out of ideas.

9 minutes ago, Victator said:

Rainere sounds like a real life super villain. How did he gain this sort of control? Does he have mental powers or does he excrete a pheromone? 

I'll never understand how some dudes can convince women to join a sex trafficking cult, but I can't convince a woman that she really does look good in those jeans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'll never understand how some dudes can convince women to join a sex trafficking cult, but I can't convince a woman that she really does look good in those jeans.

I was watching those videos trying to find something extraordinary in him. Guys like Jim Jones have some charisma about them. Where you can imagine people following him. 

This guy just seems like some dweeb. 

2 hours ago, Victator said:

Rainere sounds like a real life super villain. How did he gain this sort of control? Does he have mental powers or does he excrete a pheromone? 

I'm sorry, but please refer to him but his proper name, Vanguard.

Based on this news, Vince will rename Vanguard One to just "One."

At least for a few weeks and then once this has died down it can just go back to being Vanguard One.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Victator said:

Its okay, her character is not canonical in the greater Superman mythos. God I hope it isn't...

She was brought into the main DC books in 2010, but I'm not sure she survived the reboots of the past decade

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I wonder who she will rat out when she testifies for the prosecution?

Considering her level of involvement, it has to be Raniere. I don't think they'd cut her a deal to testify against anyone lower in the hierarchy. 

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Considering her level of involvement, it has to be Raniere. I don't think they'd cut her a deal to testify against anyone lower in the hierarchy. 

She could also offer to testify against the other actresses so that prosecution has ammo to try to flip them as well.

That could force them to cut their own deals to stay out of jail.  At this point bad publicity is a given, so no sense in taking a deal in order to avoid humiliation.

If you want to build a slam dunk case, you can't have too many witnesses.

I'm genuinely shocked that the media hasn't brought up the "super Man Curse" in all this. Mind you, Mack never played Superman but usually the media lovesplaying up curse angles when it comes actors in well known franchises involved in scandal/Death/tragedy

James