DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2018 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I moved the Roseanne talk into its own thread if anyone still needs it

It has kinda already meandered off point so I do wonder if that is going to be the new trend with Netflix shows. Hot for like 48 hours and then everyone moves on to something else and forgets about it

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I moved the Roseanne talk into its own thread if anyone still needs it

It has kinda already meandered off point so I do wonder if that is going to be the new trend with Netflix shows. Hot for like 48 hours and then everyone moves on to something else and forgets about it

That hasn't been the trend already?

Every Netflix show I've ever watched has been basically a 3 step process:

1. binge it all in a weekend

2. don't think about it again until the 2nd season comes out

3. realize I hardly remember anything about the first season, make plans to rewatch it before the 2nd season starts, never end up doing it.  Forget about said show again until season 3 comes out and by then it's far too much work to catch up.

Am currently in the middle of step 3 on Santa Clarita Diet.

• Like 1

In memorium of the recently deceased Jim Hendricks, I went to try to find some of his other work, and holy cow, the episode of SVU he appeared on, DESIGN, is like something out of a fever dream:

• Commander USA!
  • Julian Sands (the dude from the WARLOCK movies)
  • Boone from ANIMAL HOUSE!
  • Ronny Cox!
  • Lynda Carter!
  • Estella Warren
  • Bobby Flay?!?
  • Mark Mcgrath?
  • Jesse Palmer?
  • Some dude who played a character names Joel McHale on the TV series ED

It airs this coming Friday at 3pm central on USANetwork as part of their usual daily SVU marathon.

3 hours ago, CSC said:

Every Netflix show I've ever watched has been basically a 3 step process:

1. binge it all in a weekend

2. don't think about it again until the 2nd season comes out

3. realize I hardly remember anything about the first season, make plans to rewatch it before the 2nd season starts, never end up doing it.  Forget about said show again until season 3 comes out and by then it's far too much work to catch up.

Am currently in the middle of step 3 on Santa Clarita Diet.

These Netflix shows usually have pretty good recaps before the beginning of the new season.

The Westworld showrunners are considering releasing comprehensive spoilers online prior to the beginning of the season so that the internet can regulate itself and keep spoilers away from people who don't want to see them.

This is next-level stupid on a few fronts. Luckily, I don't really like Westworld and will be futilely hope-watching if watching at all when the new season drops. So burn it down. 

I normally hate anything on Aspire TV that is not HBCU sports or reruns of Lincoln Heights, but damned if this fucking Aussie cooking show, Short Cuts To Glory, hasn't gotten me hooked.

My boo and I made the Slashed Roast Leg of Lamb for the mutl-celebrant birthday potluck on Sunday and it was a HIT~!

I don't think I'm brave enough to attempt to make my own poached eggs, though. That shit will end in tears.

I can see both sides of this argument. On one side is, for example, that one season of Dexter where the big reveal was spoiled after a single episode by a few shrewd guesses. At least by doing this you get to confirm/disconfirm things in advance and spare the people who want to talk about the show to others without there being craptons given away all day long. All 14 of them. Hi, other 13 people. 

On the other side is the notion that they painted their bloody TV show like it was some lawless Hedonism III vacation spot. Well guys, there's a place more lawless than Westworld. It's the fucking Internet in the fucking real world in the 21st fucking century; This Will Not Go Well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I don't think I'm brave enough to attempt to make my own poached eggs, though. That shit will end in tears.

You can do it, it's not that hard and eggs are cheap.  You can even put little glass custard cups in the water and pour the eggs into them and they'll stay together.